Collect Digits after an announcement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michealcarroll, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michealcarroll

Is there a way to collect digits after an announcement and use this to route a call? I have a Vidyo video conferencing system that has a gateway that I connected a trunk to and can successfully call into the video system for voice only calls internally by dialing the prefix 01 (the Vidyo required prefix that tells the system it is voice only) and the extension of the person in the Vidyo system. Example. In Vidyo to connect voice only from 3CX to Vidyo ext 1234 I dial 011234 on the 3CX client and I connect.

I would like external people to call into a DID, reach a prompt and enter 01 then the extension number but the digitial receptionist only allows a single digit collection and no way to route the call. Any help would be really appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you didn't have too many extensions to call, you might make it work by using a series of DR's to form a tree with the last selection forwarding to a specific number (or a dummy extension, that is then forwarded) out over the trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.