Combination of SIP Hardware phone and SIP PC Application

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kmg, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmg

kmg

Regarding 3CX. Is it possible to use a SIP phone application on a pc for dialing, identifying incoming calls, controlling multiple lines, outlook integration and things like that, but at the same time use separate sip phone hardware to talk through. I don't want the voice communication to go through the pc. I want to achieve the same as we do today with our Avaya Phone Manager Software and Avaya IP phones.

I.E. Use of the SIP application is just optional and the sip phone hardware can freely be used when the pc is switched off.

Thanks

2. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

The 3CX assistant will give you on screen functionality to the IP phone you are using, provided it is signed in with the same extension credentials.

It has outlook integration also by way of an Outlook plugin.

With respects to call management, the best thing to do is to install it and see. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtYx4rSY4s&feature=related

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bblokey

ziptalk is correct you will want to use 3CX assistant which will allow you to also use a hard phone. We just started using it and it is awsome...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.