• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Combination of SIP Hardware phone and SIP PC Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmg

Reaction score
Regarding 3CX. Is it possible to use a SIP phone application on a pc for dialing, identifying incoming calls, controlling multiple lines, outlook integration and things like that, but at the same time use separate sip phone hardware to talk through. I don't want the voice communication to go through the pc. I want to achieve the same as we do today with our Avaya Phone Manager Software and Avaya IP phones.

I.E. Use of the SIP application is just optional and the sip phone hardware can freely be used when the pc is switched off.

Thanks

The 3CX assistant will give you on screen functionality to the IP phone you are using, provided it is signed in with the same extension credentials.

It has outlook integration also by way of an Outlook plugin.

With respects to call management, the best thing to do is to install it and see. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtYx4rSY4s&feature=related

Hope that helps.

ziptalk is correct you will want to use 3CX assistant which will allow you to also use a hard phone. We just started using it and it is awsome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.