Comfort messages

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Joe_OT, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_OT

Hi Guys

I am new to this whole 3CX thing and quite enjoying the experience thus far. I just a question around VAD as I want to use 3CX to replace our current call center solution.

My requirement is this, I need a comfort message played every 30 seconds for calls waiting the queue. I cannot find this option in the CC module at all but I really need this. Additional to this we run call center queues for 12 different languages so I will need to be able to update this message at any time. Can this be done in VAD at all?

Many thanks
    Joe

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Joe,

A VAD application is launched on an inbound call, so it's not possible to put it to work into the queue.

But 3CX has the ability to "Announce queue position to the caller" after a configurable amount of seconds, maybe that option could help you out. If not, consider posting your need to ideas.3cx.com, so it is considered for development.

Kind regards,

3. Joe_OT

Thanks for the info

I know that 3CX does announce position in a queue but the issue is that will be done in English. I have a Multilanguage call center and need 12 queue with each queue in a different language. I cannot have English messages played on those queues at all.

If I could get Multilanguage queues that would be great, any ideas on that?

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

No, there is no way to achieve that with the queues. All the queues will use the same configured language. Please add this idea as a feature request to ideas.3cx.com so it is considered for development. I think it's a good idea and it really has chances to get done.

Another alternative is to create a VAD application that simulates call queues. You can play music to the caller until an agent is free, and then transfer the call to the agent. But you will miss all the call center statistics. Also, this is not a simple VAD app, because you need to synchronize all the calls in memory, so they are dispatched in the right order. To do that you will have to create a DLL and use it from an External Code Execution component. And you will have to use the Call Control API from that DLL too, to know when an agent is free, because once the VAD transfers the call, it doesn't control it anymore. That app would be really hard to develop...

Kind regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.