Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Company directory

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is it only me, or when the company directory only finds 1 match, shouldn't it still say "For so and so, press 1" - just in case I spelled the persons name wrong and, no, I don't want "So and so" I want "Soh and Sew".

Many of my users have complained about this feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It only sounds reasonable (logical?), that you are given confirmation, before being sent "off to" (what might possibly be, an incorrect) someone. It could be rather embarrassing if you start ranting and raving to the wrong person. :)

3. craigreilly

I want to roll this out - but this is a sticky point with my team here...
    I was trying to think of options - like 26 dummy extensions A,B,C, etc. But I think that would be more confusing.
    Or a dummy extension for each person - with the same name recorded. ugh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have two users...Bob Johnson and Bob johnston, just a slight difference, should be enough to force a confirmation.

It should not be necessary to do this, but ...

I suppose that there is always the "feature suggestion" route.

5. craigreilly

It is in there by someone else - unfortunately, I do not think people like to go there - and its difficult to figure out the motives of how they add features. A feature with a lot of traction/votes seems to sit there often for multiple service packs or major versions...
    I'll keep chipping away at this.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, I can certainly understand that. Perhaps that is why 3CX Ideas is back at the bottom of the forum Catagory list after a long absence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.