Company Phone Book with Gmail or Exchange?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by politby, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. politby

Someone is bound to have done this. However searching did not produce any results so I am posting a new topic.

I would like to achieve some sort of synchronization between my address books, which are stored either in Gmail or in Exchange accounts which I have with a hosting provider, and the 3cx server. As this is not an in-house Exchange server I am not able to access it to set up impersonation accounts. What I do have is an in house Windows 2012 r2 Server on which I might be able to set up an LDAP server.
    Unfortunately I have been unable to figure out how to get my address book from Google or exchange into an LDAP server running on Active Directory. There seems to be no simple way to do this and even then it will be basic import av data, not synchronization.

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Are you looking to have your contacts synced with the 3CXPhone app or your desk phone?
    If your desk phone what Make/Model is the phone?

I use a app I had wrote by a company that syncs my Outlook/Exchange contacts with my physical Yealink phone.
    If that is what your looking to do i can looking the website where you can get the app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. politby

Currently all users store and manage their contacts on Android phones using Google contacts. Because we are using hosted Exchange accounts, this could easily be changed so that contacts are stored and managed on the Exchange server, still using the Android phones.

Clients are Snom desk (821) and wireless (M9r) plus 3cx on Android. In an ideal world, whenever an exchange or Google contact is added or changed, it would automatically be synchronized to the clients' phone books. The only way I can see this being possible would be to have an LDAP directory on my Windows Server which is accessed by 3cx and the clients. Maybe it's possible to have LDAP as a central phonebook managed from Outlook and have 3cx and the phone clients do an LDAP look up?

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Interesting. Which app is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.