• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Company Phone Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs123

Reaction score
I have an issue where the phone directory is not updating on the phones. Others have posted on this in the past. http://www.3cx.com/forums/polycom-phone-book-struggles-12616.html#p65229

When I provision a fresh phone, the proper directory comes down, including the new phone. But phones that are in use do not update, unless I format the file system. Reboots do not work. Formatting seems like a lot to have end users do.

The above link mentions editing the memory volatility setting in the Polycom Provisioning template. I cannot find this setting. It may be due to the post written for 3CX version 9 (it dates from 2009) and we are running 10. (I searched for Dir.local.volatile.4meg as well as Dir and volatile).

We are running 3CX 10.0.22686.2297 and Polycom SP IP 331 phones.

What am I missing here? Has this been fixed?

Hi there!
I have exact the same issue. There is no "Dir.local.volatile.4meg" option in sip version 3.3.1 that runs on our Polycom 331 phones.
Anyone have any suggestion/advice?
Tanks!

Hi there,

i have the same problem with the Snom 821 and Yealinks T28.
I couldn't find a solution yet... any advice?

Hi Folks!

While googling have found this =>http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Phonebook-for-Polycom/295973-9854

The work around is to copy 000000000000-directory.xml to <mac-addr-of-your-polycom-sip-phone>-directory.xml
Need to be done for each phone.
So simple batch job file:
cd "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\"
copy /Y 000000000000-directory.xml 0004F2E1DD6B-directory.xml
copy /Y 000000000000-directory.xml 0004F21ED0FE-directory.xml

Than after each time a phone reboots it gets updated Phone Directory.

The solution is not nice, but working.

Nevertheless I'm open for better solution.

Thanks for looking into this.
I see one gotcha. Every time you add or change a phone, you will need to re-run the batch file, then have people reboot their phones.
But it does beat visiting every phone every time there is a change.
I'll be setting this up, but I to hope there is a better solution out there.

Resolution:
Ran into the same issue using Snom 821's where the template needed tbook complete="true" to exist in the phonebook xml file, though anytime a new phone was added it would wipe that and phones wouldn't update directory.

Asked one of my developers if it was possible to have a scheduled task or program insert that statement into the XML file on a regular basis. His creation was a service that automatically checks the XML file and will add the statement to the template if it's not present. No need to do anything with the phones as they're looking to the default location.

Hope this makes makes life easier.

As a followup to this thread, I found this today in a different post.
Apparently 3CX supports Polycom phones, but does not recommend them. One of the reasons is this-that the directory does not update on the phones. See the last part of the article.

Here is the link. Hope this saves some one some time looking for a non-existent fix. Only some scripting work arounds.
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ - UPDATED LINK

3cx v11 beta 1, polycom with 4.0 firmware - company phonebook is updated after the phone reboot, personal contact is updated without phone reboot

mixig said:
personal contact is updated without phone reboot

Are you saying contacts you add to MyPhone are synced to the device?

craigreilly said:
mixig said:
personal contact is updated without phone reboot

Are you saying contacts you add to MyPhone are synced to the device?

yep, now i am testing with v11 beta2, unusual situation, there are new contact in polycom phonebook after i add some contacts after the phone is provisioned.. and after reboot it takes some of the contact to the phone phonebook (not all), and then i add few more contacts reboot the phone, and then he adds some new contacts and some off them which were in phone phonebook before are disapered from phone phonebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.