Company phonebook backup and sync

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viciovb, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viciovb

Hi

I have a 3cx v15 Professional and some windows clients (some of them in CTI). I would like to know if there is a way to schedule a backup of the company phonebook. I thought that keep the xml files in the provisioning folder could be enough but this file are created with the database data (am I right?) so is useless to backup them without also a db backup (I've try to change the xml file and reprovision the softphone but it didn't work does someone know why?). Do I need to backup the phonebook table on the database?

Also is there a way to sync the contact between two 3cx servers in two different sites?

Thank you

#1 viciovb, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi There

There is no way to schedule a backup of the phonebook as such, you would simply schedule and backup the entire system within the management console > Backup section. There is no way to sync phoenbooks across systems either although you can consider exporting them to CSV and importing to the other systems again from the management console > Contact section.

See the entire guide here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/phonebook-directory/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Charles_3CX, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. viciovb

The sync is something that I have to do manually, I was looking for something doing the job automatically. Thank you for the reply anyway.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have a little .NET programming knowledge, you could use the Call Control API. I believe that gives you the ability to access the Phonebook.

Other than that I can't really think of a way of doing this without risking braking the PBX (like by directly accessing the DB).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.