Company Phonebook Visibility

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lochace, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lochace

Hello all,

I wonder if someone could tell me if the following is possible, if so how to go about doing it.

We currently have the company phonebook setup with a list of shared numbers around all the users, we now wish to add more numbers to a global list that can only be viewed by certain users but can be maintained centrally.

Thanks

2. AlexanderHanna

As far as I know this is not possible. Wanted to do the same thing.

This is listed in the Ideas section and hopefully 3CX will make it happen soon.

Alexander

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

You want to use the softphones or deskphones? With deskphones you could integrate an ldap or some other addressbook for some phones and not for others, using different provisioning templates.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You can do this by adding those entries to private phonebook for each of the users, who should have access.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lochace

I want to centrally manage the list though, not have to edit everyone's individual phone contacts whenever we get a new user. Just to clarify these numbers are ones that would be updated on a very regular basis.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid, no easier way.
    BR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.