• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Comparative between 3CX x Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLeao

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Please, does anyone have a comparison of the features between 3cx and cisco? We are in competition with a customer who requested this information.

I'm sending a comparison of 3CX v.15 with FreePBX 13. I haven't come across a comparison with CUCM.

Attachments

• 3CX–FreePBX Feature (Edition) Comparison.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 111
Thank you, this helps to show that 3CX is cheaper when we compare all the features it offers. But I will ask the other friends if they have any documents that compare 3CX and Cisco because the customer wants to have arguments to present to the board that we can meet with 3CX.

The Cisco UC line of products is extremely broad so a comparison may not be possible without knowing more about what is being proposed or needed to meet the client need. The primary difference is that CIsco is geared to be an inclusive package that uses all Cisco branded equipment whereas 3CX is a platform that allows the integration of other manufacturers' products to achieve many of the same goals.

Cisco is a brand name that can command a premium price and many may go that way simply for the name alone. The strengths of 3CX are:
1. Does not take a rocket scientist to install and maintain
2, Quick recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster (buy a new box and restore)
3. No licensing for add-ons to base functionality
4. I believe 3CX to have the broader array of CRM intregrations
5. Supports more than one vendor's endpoints and is agnostic about others running SIP, an open platform that allows more flexibility to pick and chose.
6. Because not Cisco, initial CAPEX is lower and presumably ongoing licensing add-ons, etc., also make for a lower OPEX

In other words, what 3CX has touted all along, but the issue is what functionality do you need and what is the competition offering? Cisco can bring in the entire UC suite - telephone, audio conference, web conference, video conference, SMS, whiteboard collaboration, etc. You can too, just not under one brand name umbrella.

Reactions: RLeao
Hi RLeao,

It might also be worth noting that Cisco recently acquired Broadsoft in a 1.9 Billion dollar deal.
https://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1887125
https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/23/c...lion-to-boost-communications-tools-portfolio/

Where the acquisition should be finalized this month it does throw some doubt into the mix as to the future of the Cisco Voice product portfolio.

As this currently offers an un-certain future for Cisco voice it is also good news (for the time being) for Cisco alternatives like 3CX (especially in the SMB sector which is what it has been mentioned Cisco have acquired Broadsoft for) as customers may not wish to have all their UC "eggs" in one basket.

Reactions: RLeao
The Cisco UC line of products is extremely broad so a comparison may not be possible without knowing more about what is being proposed or needed to meet the client need. The primary difference is that CIsco is geared to be an inclusive package that uses all Cisco branded equipment whereas 3CX is a platform that allows the integration of other manufacturers' products to achieve many of the same goals.

Cisco is a brand name that can command a premium price and many may go that way simply for the name alone. The strengths of 3CX are:
1. Does not take a rocket scientist to install and maintain
2, Quick recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster (buy a new box and restore)
3. No licensing for add-ons to base functionality
4. I believe 3CX to have the broader array of CRM intregrations
5. Supports more than one vendor's endpoints and is agnostic about others running SIP, an open platform that allows more flexibility to pick and chose.
6. Because not Cisco, initial CAPEX is lower and presumably ongoing licensing add-ons, etc., also make for a lower OPEX

In other words, what 3CX has touted all along, but the issue is what functionality do you need and what is the competition offering? Cisco can bring in the entire UC suite - telephone, audio conference, web conference, video conference, SMS, whiteboard collaboration, etc. You can too, just not under one brand name umbrella.

Thank you Ineblett

I have the same opinion as yours and had already explained to the customer the complexity of this comparison. Your explanation will help me reinforce what I had already told him and complete with more information.

I appreciate it

Hi RLeao,

It might also be worth noting that Cisco recently acquired Broadsoft in a 1.9 Billion dollar deal.
https://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?type=webcontent&articleId=1887125
https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/23/c...lion-to-boost-communications-tools-portfolio/

Where the acquisition should be finalized this month it does throw some doubt into the mix as to the future of the Cisco Voice product portfolio.

As this currently offers an un-certain future for Cisco voice it is also good news (for the time being) for Cisco alternatives like 3CX (especially in the SMB sector which is what it has been mentioned Cisco have acquired Broadsoft for) as customers may not wish to have all their UC "eggs" in one basket.

Thank you eddv123,

Interesting your vision, but I worked with cisco for 2 decades, I know well the difficulties that they have to incorporate the companies and their technologies to their portfolio (examples: Tandberg, Webex, Jabber, etc.), that took years for the portfolio become unique.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.