Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Complete a transfer with BLF key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fioreit, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fioreit

Why is it that not a single SIP handset manufacturer can come up with a way to do something that every legacy PBX system can?

Our receptionist would love to be able to simply use the Phone at her desk (not the MyPhone App) to hit a Xfer to Voicemail button and then complete the transfer by hitting the BLF key for the user she's transfering too. Exactly the way our old crappy IWATSU PBX worked.

But no, Polycom, Yealink, Aastra, Grandstream, Cisco, none of them think that this is a useful feature. How is it better to make someone have to hit transfer, dial a code, then dial the extension number then hit transfer? When every legacy PBX system can do this with TWO button presses?

We should also be able to press an Intercom key, and then hit the BLF key for the user you want to Intercom/Page with. Why none of these phones/VoIP PBX's can put together two commands is beyond me. It really can't be that difficult to code it.

This seems to be a MAJOR miss for the SIP market.

And I don't buy the excuse that just because the legacy PBX systems did it that's no reason these SIP VoIP system should. Every SIP capable system should be able to do EVERYTHING the old PBX's could AND MORE!

I hope 3cx can do something about this soon. But I have a feeling they are at the mercy of the handset makers.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on this. This is a common request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. personal6

Aside from the fact that the current crop of IP phones don't appear to make these common tasks as convenient as they should be, what is the "go-to" IP phone product line that makes transfer of incoming calls as streamlined as it can be for the receptionist?

4. layton

I've been fighting this exact scenario (as well as making intercom calls using BLFs) since we started playing with trixbox (back when it was still Asterisk@Home) almost 9 years ago. But finally Yealink just provided this functionality. Their current firmware release (28.71.0.155) fixes this so you can use a Prefix key in combination with a BLF. I've confirmed this works with the T46G phones in our office. We've defined two prefix keys - one for Intercom (*9) and one for VM Xfer (*4). Intercom works just as you'd expect - Intercom + BLF. The only caveat on the VM Xfer process is that you need to press the Transfer key on the phone first - so it's Transfer + VM Xfer + BLF. Ideally we'd be able to accomplish this without the first Transfer button press, but still a huge improvement over having to press Transfer followed by the *4 and the extension number

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Great news. I installed 155 on Wednesday. I did not know that was a feature...
    Now... when will yealink finally release v71 for the t3x series they promised for 1st quarter? It's now more than half way thru 3rd quarter and most of my phones are t38 with this being the biggest requested feature.

6. bardissi

bardissi Member

Of course you want to make sure that the next firmware doesnt break other functionality with 3cx.

Apparently in V12 3CX will have a utility built in that will push down the latest Approved Tested 3CX firmware for that model phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.