Complete noob! Sipgate + 3cx help please

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Aaroniza, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaroniza

Hey, I have no prior experience dealing with any telephony and am really interested in setting up a digital receptionist in 3cx for use with my sipgate number...
    Any advice or tutorials that would help me set this up? I have scoured the web and messed around with both sipgate and 3cx for two days to no avail! :cry:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a number of "how to" sections on this site, one example, for VoIP providers is...http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/voip-providers/general-voip-provider-config-guide

3. Aaroniza

Thank you very much for that link, was helpful!
    I have now got 3cx to talk to sipgate and it says it is connected on the sipgate website but whenever i place a call to my number it makes my internet cut out and then gives me an engaged tone!

Any advice on what I could do next anyone? Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What actually happens to your net connection, what is your definition of "cutting out"? Do the 3CX logs show the incoming call? Can you place an outgoing call.

5. Aaroniza

An active connection to the internet disappears, as in in the Network Connections section it disconnects and then after about 5-10 minutes comes back online, the logs don't show any incoming calls but when the 3cx system is running there is a 10 second pause before the engaged tone. Any ideas?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You mean in the Network Connection icon on the task bar? Haven't seen anything like that before unless the router that you are plugged into is re-booting for some reason. Even if it is it shouldn't take that long to re-establish. Does your router have any sort of logs to show a disconnect and reconnection with your ISP? If you do go through a router try connecting directly to the net, ie., bypass the router and pick up a public IP, then try a call.

7. Aaroniza

All the same symptoms regardless of network setup, if its any help on the SipGate website when 3cx is running and before I ring the number it says this:

Nickname:
    aaroniza

Edit

1. Device: 3CXPhoneSystem 8.0.9114.0
    IP: sip:***2304@80.194.3.***:55006
    (User ID and IP hidden)

So obviously 3cx and sipgate are talking, any ideas?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Still not sure what is "going down", is it the icon on your task bar, indicating you are loosing you internet connection or just the on-line status with Sipgate? What do the 3Cx logs show when you recieve an incoming call?

9. home

Hi
    Are you using a Cisco router ? The reason ask, is that there is a IOS version that has a bug in regards to NAT with SIP, causing the CPU in the router to max out and in turn the router reboots itself, this would explain the loss of network and internet connection.

10. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Try this,

Open a command prompt and type "ping -t pbxip"

Make a call,

Do the same for your router (Usually the Gateway IP), and a public website like google.com.

If you are loosing connectivity only to your PBX, this indicates the problem lies with it.
    If you are loosing connectivity only to the internet, the could be an issue with the upstream router, modem or your ISP.
    If you are loosing connectivity only across your LAN, this indicates a problem with the switch. If your router and switch are a combined unit, then we will count it as your router.

There are a lot of causes for that little network icon on the task bar to show no connection, and not all of them mean you have totally lost connectivity to the internet.

You are probably looking at a firmware update for your router, or your NIC card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.