• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conditional function

Status
Not open for further replies.

uk26

Reaction score
Trying to build a VAD App to do the below

Caller calls in and then is asked to enter a password, if the correct password is entered then the caller is transferred, if the password is incorrect, it will ask the caller to enter the password again.

am at at the conditional component

If i use a conditional VAD Expression such as equal and enter the desired password it builds ok and gets applied to 3cx, however when testing it out it does not take note of the password and just transfers the call anyway.

What am i doing wrong?

Can you post a ZIP with your project?

http: //essex-webs.co.uk/Support.zip

Well, the application that you have created does exactly what you described. If the PIN is invalid, you play the Invaliedpin.wav file, but then you transfer the call. You're not requesting to enter the PIN again. You should use a Loop component to do that.

Also, the user input component is configured to get exactly 4 digits. You will have to validate it against a 4 digits PIN, otherwise it will never match.

so i got the basics right.

ok so how would i get it to check to make sure the pin matches?

only want the call to be transffered if the pin is correct.

Then you need to move the Transfer component into the Conditional component branch that is executed when the PIN matches.

ok done that, but still does the call transfer.

Of course, that expression will always evaluate to true. 500 is always equal to 500...
You need to compare the input buffer against the right PIN value. Use the expression editor to change the first 500 with the right variable (Support_Line.Buffer).

ok that works :)

now i have it, if caller enters 5000 the call now gets transferred but if they enter 5561 for example they get the message invalid pin, which is good, but now disconnects the call.

so i need to put a loop on the Invalid_Pin.

sorry to be a pain, but how do i get the loop to play the first prompt again

Just put the User Input component into the Loop component. And configure the Condition to continue looping for example counting how many times the user has tried to enter the PIN. You would have to define a variable for that counter, and increment it on each loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.