• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conecting Analogical line to 3CX PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlabuelo

Reaction score
Hi all

We would like to add an analogical line from a phone company to our PBX which is run by the OpenSource Version of 3CX, but we are not sure how to do it and if it is possible.

Let me explain how the phone architecture works in our office

a) we have a VoIP provider connected to our PBX

b)PBX is a Windows XP server which runs 3CX PBX software OpenSource

c) Each pc in the office is using the 3CX SIP phone connected to the PBX

We would like to add now an analogical line to our PBX so our people can call and receive calls in their 3CX SIP Phone using the analogical line conncted to the PBX. We have readed in the forums that we would need to connect the analogical line to a FXO gateway but we are not very sure how to do it.

Any recommendations on how to do this? Any FXO gateway you recommend? Do you think the idea is correct? Is is possible to have the FXO Gateway inside the server connected by PCI?

Any manual or suggestion will be very appreciated

Regards

Hi

Yes, you need to have a FXO box to can connect an external line ( PSTN line). Take a look at the supported boxes( in the PSTN area) and after that take a decision. Me personally i use an AudioCodes box. However this box it's a little bit complicated to configure and also it's not official supported. From my experience i can recommended Patton boxes. ( depend of how many FXO line you need).

Have a nice day.

George

Hi Thanks a lot

For the moment we only need to incorporate one analogical line. How difficult the 3CX PBX configuration would be? Will 3CX detect the new analogical line as easy as when you try to connect a VoIP provider to the PBX?

Thanks a lot

Nothing is that automatic, but here is a video that shows how easy it is to configure a Patton gateway. Even though this is for the PRI version, the steps for the analog version are basically identical.

http://www.voipstore.com/configuring-a-patton-4960-pri-gateway-with-3cx/

thanks a lot will take a look!!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.