Solved CONF Button on 3cx Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If in a Conference (extension 700) on a supported Grandstream phone and I hit the "Conf" button on my handset - it hangs up the conference. I see a Trying and a Not Acceptable Here in the Capture logs. I would expect it to perhaps ignore the button press?.

(Subject should refer to 3CX Supported Phone)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 craigreilly, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Doing a search seems to indicate that the button is intended for 3 way conferences (3-way call?). You have to Wireshark to confirm, but I suspect, that as-is (maybe it can be re-purposed), it is sending a message that is incompatible with the 3CX conference implementation.

3. craigreilly

I know about the button and use it for 3-way calls. But in a larger call today using 700, the button was hit by accident and kicked me off the call.
    I was hoping 3cx would respond, as they sometimes do, and think they should take a look at the functionality. o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @craigreilly

This is something i will have to test and see the behaviour so can you please tell which Grandstream phone you are using, what firmware so i can try to replicate?

5. craigreilly

in my initial test, it was a GS 2170 on latest 3cx FW. 1.0.9.68
    1) Create Conf call using ext 700 (etc)
    2) While on the call, press the 3 people button
    3) call is disconnected

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I tried replicating but i was not able to. The phone opens a new line but the conference does not drop. If you press Cancel then the phone is back in the conference. Can you replicate this at will? I tried with a locally provisioned phone and with a STUN provisioned device but i am getting the same behaviour. What version is your PBX?

7. craigreilly

I see the problem. I hit the button before I announced myself in my testing. So perhaps this is the intended operation.
    Maybe when I kicked myself off the larger call earlier in the day, when I thought I hit the CONF button, perhaps something else happened in my network. Then during my testing, I just wasn't being patient and waiting for the call to completely start.

Go ahead and close the thread please... :oops:

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for updating the post and sharing your findings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.