Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved CONF Button on 3cx Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If in a Conference (extension 700) on a supported Grandstream phone and I hit the "Conf" button on my handset - it hangs up the conference. I see a Trying and a Not Acceptable Here in the Capture logs. I would expect it to perhaps ignore the button press?.

(Subject should refer to 3CX Supported Phone)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 craigreilly, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Doing a search seems to indicate that the button is intended for 3 way conferences (3-way call?). You have to Wireshark to confirm, but I suspect, that as-is (maybe it can be re-purposed), it is sending a message that is incompatible with the 3CX conference implementation.

3. craigreilly

I know about the button and use it for 3-way calls. But in a larger call today using 700, the button was hit by accident and kicked me off the call.
    I was hoping 3cx would respond, as they sometimes do, and think they should take a look at the functionality. o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @craigreilly

This is something i will have to test and see the behaviour so can you please tell which Grandstream phone you are using, what firmware so i can try to replicate?

5. craigreilly

in my initial test, it was a GS 2170 on latest 3cx FW. 1.0.9.68
    1) Create Conf call using ext 700 (etc)
    2) While on the call, press the 3 people button
    3) call is disconnected

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I tried replicating but i was not able to. The phone opens a new line but the conference does not drop. If you press Cancel then the phone is back in the conference. Can you replicate this at will? I tried with a locally provisioned phone and with a STUN provisioned device but i am getting the same behaviour. What version is your PBX?

7. craigreilly

I see the problem. I hit the button before I announced myself in my testing. So perhaps this is the intended operation.
    Maybe when I kicked myself off the larger call earlier in the day, when I thought I hit the CONF button, perhaps something else happened in my network. Then during my testing, I just wasn't being patient and waiting for the call to completely start.

Go ahead and close the thread please... :oops:

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for updating the post and sharing your findings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.