Conference / Attended Transfer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by layton, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton

We're working with a prospective client that is an independent insurance agency. They want to be able to effectively initiate a 3-way conference then leave the call and let the other two parties continue talking. For example, one of their customers calls in to their office to file a claim - but the customer needs to report that directly to the insurance company. Instead of just telling the customer the toll-free number they need to dial, they want to be able to put the customer on hold, call the insurer, conference the customer in, get to the right person with the insurer, give them the customer's policy number, etc. then get off the call but let their customer continue to speak with the insurer's claim rep. Basically an attended transfer to an external party. They're planning on using SIP trunks and are OK knowing this would tie up two trunks while the call is in progress. They just want to provide this level of customer service.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make this happen without the user having to remain on the conference call the entire time (or if there is a way to do an attended transfer to an external party :) )

Thanks!

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Just tried.
    I called my cell.. conferenced a coworker's cell.. and dropped my extension from that conf.
    We were able to continue talking, "cell to cell" without a 3CX handset/extension involved.

Keep in mind, though, that I used up two sessions to my VOIP provider in the process.. the PBX is connected to each cell, and bridging the call there.

3. layton

Thanks Ian - good to know it's possible.

What is your environment (3CX version / desk phones)? We're running v12 in our office (although haven't installed SP1 yet) with Yealink T46G's on the desks, and I cannot see any way to remove myself from the conference either on the phone or on 3CX Phone for Windows. I can split the conference or remove either caller (but not myself) from the conference on the phone, and have no conference control from 3CX Phone for Windows. I fully accept the possibility (or probability) that I'm just not seeing it :)

Thanks Ian!

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

3CX 12 SP1, Cisco SPA504Gs.
    We have a Yealink model as well for demo.. will have to look at Monday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.