conference boxes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Erkens, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erkens

Is it possible to have a number of predefined conference boxes (4 in my case) each with there own extension number? Because for my application it is necessary to make a call to a conference box without supplying a conference id and/or name.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Each Conference extension is unique. The default is 4 and is (on a 3 digit system) 700, 701, 702, 703.

There are some extra conference features coming out in V10 for conferencing which should also help your situation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Erkens

My system has indeed the conference on extension 700, but it asks me for a conference id and name. When I call 701, 702, 703 or 704 it responds with forbidden. Even when there is already a call in the box. Or is it possible to change the script of the conference?

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Are you sure you have the pin turned off?

To use a pinless conference they still have to know which id (conference number) to use and this can only be set up by an internal extension as far as i know.

so they dial the 700 and are asked for the conference id (THIS IS NOT THE PIN, this is your conference box) then they announce their name and are in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Erkens

Yes the pin is turned off, what i want to do is eliminate the question for conference id and name. I want to be put directly into the conference, with no questions asked. which means that i want clients to dial directly into a certain conference.
    For example have 100, 101 and 102 dial to 701. While 103, 104 and 105 dial to 702 and have there own conference.
    The calls will be made automatically and therefore I am unable to use the conference menu.

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I know what you are trying to achieve.

I am not sure but i think this is going to be possible in V10, but in V9 it isnt.

If it doesnt appear in v10 or you dont want to wait and see you can post your request at http://3cx.ideascale.com

7. Erkens

Thank you, i will have to search for a third party conference client(/server).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.