Conference Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rcornwell, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcornwell

Can anybody tell me if this application has / supports a call bridge? I'm thinking about purchasing this product, but I'm looking for this ability. Call Butler has this ability and I have it sitting in a box. I have not installed it yet because the 3cX product seems better.

Thanks for your time...

Robert

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Currently we're supporting conferences which are originated by phones.
    Much more extensive conferences support is planned for next version.
    Can you please describe in details what do you mean exactly by 'Conference Bridge'?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

We are using Quorum as our Conference Bridge. It can allow users to create the conference room via phone.

For details please go to http://www.nch.com.au/conference/index.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rcornwell

Take a look at what Callbutler does... basically, I can create an extention and allow multiple people dial into it with a pin number. Then we can all talk together...

I use Callcentric and have about 6 channels on a toll free number - so I should be able to host up to 6 people on a call...

Do you have a roadmap date for when you plan to have this?

Thanks for your time...

Robert

5. rcornwell

Ricky,

That is what I'm looking for - so you use it with 3cx and have no problems? About how many calls can you handle at a time? I have a full T-1.

Also, I'm assuming its safe to purchase although its coming from Australia? Works ok on US systems?

Robert

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

It should be works fine for SIP and H323. It works fine with our 3CX box. We do using T1/PRI line as well.

According to NCH, it should be no limit. The no. of calls will depend on the hardware. However, our test result is;
    For using P4 CPU/1GBRAM or Core2DUO CPU/2GBRAM, if the calls over 4. The voice quality will drop to not accepted level. May be our wrong setting caused this issue. It have trail version. May be you can try it.

7. rcornwell

Yeah, you are probably right - with 4 calls - depending what you are doing on the network and what compression your using (g.711 (uncompressed) or 729...)

I will just give it a try... maybe 3Cx will get their's up and going soon.... I'm still a little concerned with the new 5.x release... seems like a lot of problems since it came out...

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is exactly what we're going to implement. Actually, conferencing module is ready. We just need to test it and integrate to product suite. We're planning it to be released with version 6.

9. rcornwell

What is your road map for V6 release? It seems like you have a lot of problems in 5.x.

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

All significant problems of 5.1 has been resolved by the moment. Build 4393 is quite stable, and we're delivering another (hopefully - final) update to 5.1 which solves all other problems found by the moment. Re roadmap: I'm not in position to answer such questions, sorry. But I can tell you that 6.0 will NOT have major structural changes of SIP server or Media Server (as V5 had if compare to 3.1), so it will be stable and predictable at the very beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.