Conference Call extension not registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pnuts, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pnuts

Hi, have a 3CX version 10 installed with a valid licence. All services started but the 700 extension for conference call is red and happily tells me that it is not registered. Trying to find the cause is a nightmare as nothing much is logged except that the extension is not registered. Anybody have suggestions on how to tackle this as I am not that familiar with 3CX, besides the system was installed by another party.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

If you had this professionally installed I would get in touch with the company who installed it for you. Especially if it hasn't registered since install. Otherwise check and make sure 3CX is activated and restart services.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pnuts

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your reply. The licence info tells me it is activated.
    In the advanced section the boxes are not greyed out so it should be working.

Just for practice I installed a clean version on a test server with the same results.
    So I suspect there might be a configuration setting I probably missed somewhere.

Any troubleshooting advice is very welcome as I am new to the 3CX system.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

ok first do this, check machine stats and be sure you are using a supported OS prefer Windows 7 ultimate, server 2008R2/foundation. I prefer IIS for the web server. At least 2GB of RAM P4 or newer.

Now go to Management Console > Services status and make sure the conference room service is started. If it is not, then start it manually. Once at this point please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Nate

P.S. set your logging level to Verbose if it is not already just to be safe, Settings > General Verbose logging level set and keep backup. But once fixed revert to Medium logging as not to fill up your hard drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.