• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conference Call Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Jones

Reaction score
Is it possible to create a conference call that has the same pin number every time - i.e. a recurring meeting? I would like to have a consistent dial-in number and pin for every conference I do with my team so that I give them my personal meeting room - for screen sharing etc., and the call-in number and pin for better quality voice calls. Thanks!

You can create a conference room on demand and just specify the same Conf ID:

You can create a conference room which anybody can call into:

1. Dial the conference extension number “700“.

2. You will be requested to enter a conference ID followed by #. This can be any number, for example “1234” and will be the unique identifier (conference ID) for that specific conference session.

Note: The phone system requires a security PIN to create a call conference, you must enter it after the conference ID, separated by a *, for example: 1234*0000 (where 1234 is the unique conference ID and 0000 is the system wide conference PIN). The PIN is only required by the person setting the conference.

3. If you are the first participant, the conference will ask you to confirm creation of the new conference. Press * to confirm or # to cancel.

4. You will be asked to speak your name after the beep and press any button to continue.

5. All callers who wish to join the conference just dial (or get transferred to) extension “700” to enter the conference menu and then specify the same conference ID to join a conference (or enter a new ID to create a different conference).

6. You will now enter the conference. If you are the first caller, you will hear music on hold, while you wait for the other callers. As soon as another caller joins, their name will be announced.

Thanks John - is the system wide conference PIN consistent? If so can I find that in the Admin portion? I appreciate the help!

Yes - system wide Conf PIN is enabled by default - can be changed or disabled in management console under Settings-Conferencing-Audio-Require Conference PIN

Reactions: Doug Jones
Thanks again John...Now if there were a way for that conference call and a 3cx web meeting to be tied together I would be completely happy! I want people to have the option to dial-in to a web conference via phone if they are on the road, or utilize the web-audio if they are stationary and have all of it tied together - you know like WebEx or GoToMeeting...

No prob. Yes - much needed feature they claim is coming soon... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.