Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CONFERENCE CALL USING CISCO SPA PHONES

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dsnyc, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsnyc

Hi,

Is it possible to have more than 3 people on 1 conference call when using 3cx with Cisco SPA5xx phones using the "CONF" button the CIsco phone (not using the 3CX Conference Call extension feature) ?

Once I have 2 people on the line with me, I don't have the option to add another caller....

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dialogue

Hi,

have you news for your problem ?

I have the same problem with my snom phone, i want to enable a conference call with one button of the snom and directly make the different call.

Thanks

3. 3cx

3cx

Phones are not conference servers, conferencing in phones can only be done up to 3 people anymore than that and you have to go with a paid version of 3CX.

The above go for both brands mentioned in this post.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Three persons on a "conference" is the limit unless you dial into the conference room feature.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

I never realized the ad-hoc was limited to 3 parties. Anyone know where this restriction comes from? Is it the phone or the system? Why can 3cx not act as the conference resource for more ad-hoc calls in one conference?

In Cisco Callmanager you can have multiple ad-hoc conference calls without having to use a bridge or conference room. You can also configure the voice gateway to offload the processing of the conference calls rather than using the server to mix the audio.

Good to know going forward. Just not sure why its limited to 3? In Callmanger you can configure phones via the native SCCP protocol or SIP and you can have multiple ad-hoc conference calls (more than 3) using either protocol, so it wouldn't be a SIP limitation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The three call conference was probably a "by-product" of attended call transfer. In a lot of systems customers can "move up" to a 6 port conference option but it was probably easier to build a conference room feature that could be accessed by both SIP sets and ATA's. You could always put in a request for an "extended port" conference feature along with some information on how access (call set-up) to it would work for both types of sets. There may be some other limitation(s) that we are unaware of. Perhaps, up until this point, there hasn't been much demand.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.