Conference calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

Hello everyone,

It seems there is an issue with adding an outside caller to a conference call if the conference call is already created. They can't be transferred to extension 700. You can transfer them to the extension of a user in the conference call, but what if their phone itself doesn't have a conference call button. does anyone know of a way to do this?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

There don't seem to be any problems transferring an external call to 700 from my tests here.
    Maybe you're doing something wrong?
    As long as your phone has a "Transfer" button, you can simply transfer people to 700 and let them join the conference by themselves.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. t4mack

Yes I do know about doing it from the phone itself, but what about the assistant. Currently I don't think there is a way. I have already put in a feature request for this. Please vote for it if interested. Thanks for the help.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The latest uploaded version of the 3CX Assistant should have this functionality actually.

It's very simple actually. You just click on any extension in the interface, and right click > Create Conference Call, then you can add any internal or external callers you want.

It should be there :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. skagen

I am also having an issue when creating a conference with the assistant where I cannot add an external line to the participants. Internal extensions work fine, but when I put in an external number and click ok, the pbx calls the internal users, and when they pick up, there is dead air, and the external number does not get called. I have double checked the number and my required prefix. I have added a mobile number to my extension and when I right click my extension and select call mobile, it works fine. Why not with the conference calls?

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, can you send me your outbound rule configuration.
    You can just post me a screen-shot or else send it to mb@3cx.com.
    Thanks

7. stuart.rendall

Using the call assistant is a much easier and successful way of creating a conference call.
    When you do this, you do not need to set up a conference identifier, which means that additional folk cannot join the conference later on by calling, or tranferring external calls to, extension 700.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Additionally, is it possible to invite a third party into a current call?

8. GJHmf

I too am having difficulty having 3CX dial out to external participants in a conference call set up in Assistant. All internal participants are called and included; but external participants aren't even dialled.

Setting up a conference where external participants can dial into works fine. I just want to get the Assistant conference creation working for us.

Thanks,

GJHmf

9. chrischevy

I had the same problem.

To fix it, I created an more general outbound rule that I placed last with the following settings:

Prefix: none
    From extension: none
    Length of: 10,11
    Strip Digit: 0

Give it a try

10. GJHmf

Excellent, thanks; that worked like a charm!

To add to this, I ensured I selected my VoIP Provider's name from the first drop-down in the routing.

11. chrischevy

Glad to hear that it helped you.

I did face another issue this week:

There was an active conference with 6-7 users on extension 7000 (which users really like btw).
    While this conference call was active, I could not create another conference by right clicking in the 3CX Assistant.
    There was nothing happening when starting the conference, even with only internal extensions.
    I tried the same thing later, when the 7000 conference was finished and it worked perfectly.

12. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If you have configured only 4 conference rooms then only 4 conferences may be active simultaneously.
    7000 is not a conference room. It is the "gatekeeper" which allows you to occupy (or connect to) the one of conference rooms by dialing 7000 from your phone.

13. chrischevy

Under Settings, Advanced, Conferencing, it states that I can have 10 conferences at the same time.

I did the test again and as soon as I create a conference using 7000, I can not use the right-click in the assistant to create another one. Nothing happens.

14. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You cannot be in 2 conferences at the same time.

15. chrischevy

I did the test with 3 extensions:
    On my extension (A), I dial 7000 and create a new conference

On another extension (B), I try to create another conference in the 3CX assistant with extension (C): nothing happens.

16. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I just replicated this bug and looked at the 3cx logs. There is no log of the assistant trying to set up the conference.

It seems the assistant is trying to use the first conference.

If i set up a conference and then try to set up a second conference by dialing the code it works. It is only if the assistant tries to set up a new conference.

Do you have a support contract? If not let me know and I will raise it with support given that it appears to be a bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.