Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conference calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Farhat, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farhat

Hi everybody,

Please how to configure conference call. I have installed 3CX phone system V9 free edition.
    Thanks for the help.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

It is explained in the 3cx phone manual, but it is also going to change in the next few weeks when V10 comes out and will be easier.

You can join a conference from the assistant or by dialing the conference number. The assistant is easiest. But it is harder for people to join an existing conference, which is going to change in V10. You can try it in the free version you have and get used to it, then it will improve in v10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Farhat

Hi Mark,

I would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in my request.

Could you please attach the link of this manuel.

I need help to apply the paragraph inserted below

Creating a call conference

To setup a call conference;
    1. Dial the conference extension number, by default this is 700
    2. You will be requested to enter a conference ID. This can be any number, for
    example ‘100’. All callers that wish to join the conference must use the same
    conference ID!
    3. If you are the first participant, the conference system will ask you to confirm creation
    of the conference. Press * to confirm or # to cancel
    4. You will be asked to speak your name after the beep and press a button to continue.
    5. You will now enter the conference. If you are the first caller, you will hear music on
    hold, whilst you wait for the other callers. As soon as another caller joins, his name
    will be announced.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The link is here http: //www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual9.pdf NO LONGER AVAILABLE. NEW LINK: http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/

Which part of the conference instructions are you having problems with? Can you be specific?

If you follow those steps you will set up a conference.

Perhaps telling me what you want to achieve, then we can tell you how to do it, may help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Farhat

My network components are:

- server : Windows 2003 server + 3CX phone system free version v9
    - 3Pcs on local : Windows XP + 3CX Phone
    - 2 PCs are in the branch office : Windows XP +3CX phone

The VOIP works.

I would like creating a call conference between the 5 PCs.

How create a conference ID ?
    When I dial 700 ( conference extension number) , the 3Cx phone displays "destination not found"

I am really stuck.

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

OK

How many digits are you using in 3cx for your extensions (2, 3, 4 or 5?)

the conference is 70, 700, 7000, 70000 depending on your extension digits.

You can also change this by going to advance settings and setting the extension (keep it to the same digits and the default is fine).

Now go to system extensions and make sure the 4 conference extensions are green. If not go to the services and makes sure the conference service is started. If any of these are a problem come back and let us know and we will go from there.

7. Farhat

1- I used 3 digits so the conference is 700)

2-The 4 conference extensions are red.

3-The conference service is started

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Sorry, but conference functionality is not available in free edition.
    You can find the list of all features in "BROCHURE (PDF)" (http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf)
    Also, this brochure specifies features available in free and commercial editions

Thanks

9. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Sorry

I missed the part in the OP about the free edition

10. Farhat

According to the manual cited by SY ( see page 11), conference calling is integrated in free version.

What's the difference between conference call and conference rooms ?

Thanks all for the help.

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Conference calling is placing calls. Conference rooms are hosting calls.

Being able to connect more than 2 partyies to a single call is not as straightforward and hence they wont give that service for free.

12. Farhat

Many thanks MARK and SY.

13. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I can thoroughly recommend the paid version.

And the new conferencing features we are hearing about for v10 will make it more enticing.

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If you use SIP phone which provides you "conference calling" feature. ----- It will work in free edition.
    If you need "conference room" feature provided by PBX ----- It is not available in free edition.

15. Farhat

Please STEPAN more details about this :
    If you use SIP phone which provides you "conference calling" feature. ----- It will work in free edition.

The "conference call" feature must be integrated in the server (SIP server) or in the client (SIP phone) ?

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What are the details you are looking for?
    Sorry, but it is not clear :(

thanks

17. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Some sip phones allow conference or 3/multiway calling.

This is done on the phone and not 3cx. All 3cx needs is enough concurrent call licenses.

So if Customer A called my line and i answered on my sip phone. I can (as my phone supports it) press the CONF key which will put him on hold and then I call SalesPerson A. When he answers we are now all 3 of us on a conference call hosted on my phone, but only I could initiate this conference call as it is on my phone.

As opposed to the PBX conference rooms which allows anyone to set up the conference and have more than one too. But this is a paid feature.

Do you understand now?

18. Farhat

The ideas are clear now.

Again, thank you all for your kindness and responsiveness.

19. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I sent you a private message. Check you inbox in the forum ( you will see a 1 new messages at the top of the forum)

20. daovinh89

I install 3cx V9. i have a problem in making a conference call!
    3CX phonesystem conference room is started. But in system extensions status, number 700,701,702,703,704 is red, so i can't make a conference call :(
    Plesae, help me!
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.