Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conference Calls - Crossed lines with seperate conferences?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

HI all,

I am running V8 and have had reports of 2 seperate conference calls being mixed together. Each call used a different 4 digit PIN but occured at the same time and got mixed together somehow?

Has anyone else encountered this?

I have also had reports of a user initiating a conference using a PIN and being on hold waiting for other delegates to join, whilst all the other delegates have used the same PIN and can hear one another, but the initiator is unaware with the conference they are in having no additional members?

Can anyone offer any advice other than upgrade to V9 or V10 as this would be a huge amount of disruption for these users?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

Re: Conference Calls - Crossed lines with seperate conferenc

would need to see the 3cx server logs for the conferences.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pjr

pjr New Member

Which logs?

The 3CX Phone system logs or the 3CX Conf service logs?

I have looked at the conf service logs and they dont appear to contain much. The Phone system logs are huge and contain a lot of data I wouldn't necessarily feel compfortable posting on a public forum.

Is there anything in the logs that identifes which conference each party has been added to? the PIN used doesnt appear as far as I can see?

Thanks

Paul

4. pjr

pjr New Member

From a quick scan of the logs it appears that callers are intially routed to ext 7000 (conf) and then forwarded to an additional conference extension (7001 - 7004) presumably depending on what PIN the user typed in.

I can see that the a conf call was ongoing on 7001 that used a PIN of 2011. The user who has raised this issue according to the logs appears to have joined the same conference, despite entering a different 4 digit PIN (1306). The user explains she heard the message that "Carolyn" has joined the call (Carolyn is a party on the other call), but from that point forward all she heard was silence. The logs show all these parties using ext 7001

The other parties on the 1306 call could hear one another at that point (logs show them as being in Ext 7001) but also heard "Carolyn has joined the call". Carolyn heard nothing from these other users on her call that used PIN 2011 (despite the logs also showing her call was using ext 7001)

After multiple retries, the 1306 call was restarted using an entirely different pin (4567) and all parties are shown as using ext 7003 according to the Logs.

According to users onsite, this has occured previously.

Anyone got any experience of this?

We have setup the conf facility with its own external DDI (ie the external number forwards to ext 7000)

The internal party attempted calling into the conference system using bth the external DDI and by dialling ext 7000 from her phone - would the fact that she made an outbound call over the SIP trunk which then routes back in on the same SIP trunk (when dialling using the external DDI) to the conf facility have anything to do with this?

Thanks

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.