Conference - early callers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stalley, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalley

It would be very user friendly to allow outside parties to call into a scheduled conference before the actual start time. Most callers feel more confident being able to establish the call a few minutes in advance, just in case there is some kind of trouble. If they do, 3cx rudely just dumps the call - no other conference service works this way. Most of my people insist on using an outside conference service as a result. A 10 - 15 minute pre-scheduled-time window would be plenty.

Oh.. and lose the 3cx footer! I paid for this software, I shouldn't be forced to advertise for you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. bdarcyevans

I just created a conference and dialed into it (externally from PBX) maybe 7 minutes early, the system had no issue telling me I was creating the conference, getting me to record my name and then playing the hold music. How early have you been trying to dial in to a conference, I wouldn't mind tying to replicate your experience to confirm/deny before I go and roll this out to staff.

4. livn46

bdarcyevans, if you created the conference when you dialed in from the outside, then you didn't join the "scheduled conference" that you had created beforehand. You created a new one, and wouldn't have been joined to people joining the "scheduled conference". What stalley is describing is, to my knowledge, the behavior of 3CX: the only thing I've found is to tell people to schedule their conferences 15 minutes before they actually want them to begin, which isn't a good solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SupportRequestor

If you scheduled the conference call, you can call in early. If you don't then nobody can call in until the host makes the ID.

6. bdarcyevans

I keyed in the ID provided in the email invitation that 3CX sent out when I scheduled the conference, and my inbound call (from an external & private number) showed up under that scheduled conference name in the 3CX for Windows client. From all accounts, I believe I was connected to that scheduled conference, early.

Verified - created scheduled conference using 3CX for Windows client, added my private email address as an attendee. Retrieved that email (sent to my private email address) and phoned in externally to the conference number, entered the ID (13 minutes ahead of scheduled start time). Call placed "on hold" with conference music playing, and visible under my 'Test Conference' through the 3CX for Windows client. I stayed on the line until the scheduled start, which at that point my internal extension rang, I answered, the hold music stopped and we were underway.

Attached Files:

7. livn46

Ok, good: they must've changed the behavior from 12.5. That's good to know, thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.