Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conference emails via 3CX not sent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Flash99, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Flash99

I think that since the last update 3CX is not sending emails after creating conferences
    Test email from 3CX works fine
    We are using our own email server
    Any idea why ?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

So if it's your own email server then you should be able to troubleshoot. What to the logs on your email server say? There appears to be an issue with Office 365 and conference emails but 3CX SMTP works fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Flash99

We are using Office 365
    Whats the issue ?

4. cobaltit

If you are using Office 365 why did you say your own? Anyways, you already know what the issue is, it's in the subject of your post. 3CX has not admitted there is an issue but there are multiple threads about conferences emails not sending and Office 365. Using 3CX SMTP works as does using other options besides O365.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Flash99

By my own I meant not 3CX SMTP
    I don't see anything in the message traces
    Voicemails and tests emails are there, but not the conferences

6. cobaltit

Good luck! I strictly use 3CX SMTP on all my installs so it's one less moving part. There will definitely be people interested if you find a resolution or at least identify the cause.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

#7 craigreilly, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that we are investigating an issue with Office 365 accounts and conference emails. We will let you once we have something further.

9. trams

Hi, any news on fixing the mobile app conference emails, using Office365 ?

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately our development team is still looking into this issue. If possible i would recommend using the 3CX SMTP for now.

11. ProudCanadian

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but really hoping for an update on this as I have had a number of users complain about the issue. I unfortunately cannot use the 3CX SMTP service due to our networking config.

12. cobaltit

Nope. What about your networking config is stopping you from using 3CX SMTP? If your network is locked down so tight you clearly had to make adjustments to hit Office 365 so you should be able to do the same for 3CX SMTP.

13. ProudCanadian

As far as I am aware the connection has to come from the same IP as your public static IP. Unfortunately that is not the case with us as we have a small range of external addresses.

14. cobaltit

Yes you are correct.

So you don't have an rule NATing your outbound traffic to the same IP your inbound port forwards?

15. ProudCanadian

As far as I am aware the most I can do with the firewall I have currently is specify the interface to send the traffic out on.

But all this is for a workaround that I am really needing a proper fix for as I want the emails to come from our organisation.