Conference Hold Echo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DXS_Matt, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXS_Matt

Hey everyone,

Just a quick bug report.
    I got a message from my users today that when people in the office are on a conference call and they place the conference on hold to answer the other line, there's an echo that begins to build up after being on hold for 10 seconds.
    It's easy to replicate here at my site, two people from their desks dial the conference bridge, are joined successfully, and then one places the other on hold. the other person continues speaking and in 10 seconds they hear what they have been saying for the last 10 seconds. After that it starts all over again by repeating and continually adding to the echo. It's making the conference system unusable in my infrastructure.

I'm using Linksys SPA-962 phones and the latest version of 3CX in a vmware ESX virtual machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Re: Bug Report - Conference Hold Echo Issue

hello,

the echo is result of bad connexion or because your server is not more powerfull.
    their is an other possbilitie, you are in a vmware server, and 3cx have need more disk usage, and the default of a vwmare server is the share disk usage.

fisrt trie to shutdoon other vm server, and trie conference
    second, if it's not work, check your mémory when you are on conférence
    third, tried to take 3cx server in a DMZ, just for test.

have good day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DXS_Matt

The Virtual Machine 3cx is running in is definitely not the issue.

Disk I/O during the conference is fine, and the processor is barely above 5%. Memory utilization is fine as well.
    The server is not, and does not need to be in a DMZ. This issue happens with phones that are locally connecting to the server in the office.
    The router has a static IP map from a public to an internal IP.

The VMware Host is a quad processor, quad core machine with 128GB of ram, I really doubt that's the issue as we've only ever used 3cx in a virtual environment.

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

i suggest to take your server in DMZ for test your router. their is lot of chance that your problème is your router.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DXS_Matt

Once again, this issue has nothing to do with the server not being in the DMZ.

The issue happens without using a voip provider.

2 internal extensions join a conference line, and one places the other on hold, and the issue appears.

I need an answer, as the conferencing solution is unusable in it's current state.

6. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi Matt,

did you resolve this issue?

Paul

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you sure you are using version: v8.10824 ?
    In an older build there was a similar issue to the one you are describing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.