• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conference In

Status
Not open for further replies.

altitude

Customer
Reaction score
At times I maybe on a call and need to clarify something with someone from another department and would typically dial that person and conference the two calls together to have that person clarify what was needed then they would disconnect.

I know that the 3CX phone has the full conference call facilities, but what I'm talking about is where you may only need someone for a minute or two and its not worth setting up a full conference.

Seeking similar function to this - http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/conference-snom-760-720/

Many SIP phones have a conference capability - often 3 parties total - you and 2 others..

Thanks Craig, so how do I do this with the 3CX softphone?

Hi all, can anyone assist with this or are having the same issue?

Hi, in 3CXPhone Clients we have a feature named "personal conferencing" which is very easy.

For example, you are in a call with someone and you want to make an instant conference. On the main dial pad you have a button conference. When you select this both callee/caller and yourself will join to your personal conference. From that point you can add other users.

You can also do this by active calls screen, right click and conference. Another option is by using switchboard, select the users (multi select) right click conference.

Hi 3CX,

I still haven't found a good way for this to work smoothly, so I'll walk you through what we are looking for.

Firstly we all use the 3CX softphones in our company.

Aim: Lets say a client calls me, I take the call and are discuss a number of things with the client, then say 5 minutes into the call the client asks me a question that I don't know the answer to but one of my team does, so I put the client on hold, call my team member and once the team member answers I want to quickly merge or conference the two calls and allow the client to ask the question directly to the team member, the team member would respond then after a minute or two the team member would disconnect and I would continue the call with the client.

I have tried this with the 3CX conferencing tool, but I cant get it to work seamlessly with disconnecting, reconnecting, sending schedules etc. It seams the 3CX conferencing tool is designed for a full on conference calls, not just a quick ones on the fly.

This should be a fairly standard features, you can do it on any iPhone.

Please let me know how to best do this.

Thanks,

Hello @altitude

I am trying your scenario and i do not have to disconnect reconnect or send invites while i am trying this. I am trying like this:
I get a call on my 3CX client and at some point i need to join someone into the conversation, so i open a second line call that person ( internal or external number). He picks up and i decide to join him to the call with the first caller. So i press the conference button and i click on line 1 and press the conference button there as well. Now all 3 participants (me included) are in a conference call. If one of us disconnects the other 2 participants are still on call (even me that started the conference).
Are you trying something different?

that certainly does not look right. Are all your softphones doing this? Is it a local extension?
Also are the clients and the PBX in the same network/subnet?
It looks like when you are loosing presence once you hit the conference button.
Is there an antivirus installed on the client pc?

Hi,

Are all your softphones doing this? Not sure, will need to test
Is it a local extension? What do you mean by local extension?
Also are the clients and the PBX in the same network/subnet? No our server is AWS Singapore and our staff are around the globe and connecting direct, not via VPN
It looks like when you are loosing presence once you hit the conference button. - Yes we are constantly loosing presence, maybe this is the underlying issue
Is there an antivirus installed on the client pc? Absolutely, who doesn't these days, all our PC's run Norton Security - https://us.norton.com/internet-security

Maybe the underlying issue is presence, we tried to follow your instructions online, but you only have Norton 360 and some of your files didn't match.

I would recommend un-installing the antivirus on one PC for the duration of a test and try again. If the issue goes away then you know where to look.
Give it a try and let us know

I think we have determined the issue and why this happens at time. We have duel internet connections (load balanced) in the office and it could be that the phone is connected through one ISP and the Web API is connected through the other connection (different IP address).

If this was a case, could this be causing the issue?

3CX any response on this?

It's hard to tell without knowing your network configuration, but yes in some cases that could cause an issue. The best way to tell is by running a few tests and see if that resolves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.