Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conference issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

I am having a hard time understanding how conference works.

I have a client who makes a conference (non scheduled) from Myphone and the conference starts in extension 701. They are unaware of the actual room number.

Half way through, they know they want to add someone else - I know they can add them fine if they edit the conference and dial out, but, how can someone dial in? I have tried connecting to extension 701, among many other things, but, I just don't seem to be having any luck.

The only way I seem to have found to do this is to do a scheduled conference and write down the room and pin from the email, or, start an extension from 700 so they have the ID (but they then can't set a pin)...

Is there anyway to transfer someone in to an in progress conference, or get the room id for a conference started from Myphone (non-scheduled)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mike.putnam

I've noticed the same thing. I really like the new conference updates (remove an external caller...BRILLIANT!), but there are a few little quirks that I hope will get ironed out in a service pack. I think this could be easily solved on the MyPhone side by placing the assigned Conference ID number in the name of the conference. That way you could easily look at your conference call and give out the ID.

For now, we just pull up the email and forward it to whomever needs to join.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.