• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conference prompts do not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTech

Reaction score
I was testing conference call for the first in 7.0 and found it rings and answers and then silence. The prompts are setup and I can play them from the management portal. Any ideas would be appericated.

Thank-you

What OS are you installed on?

Server 2008 needs features added to work.
Does voice mailbox work if you dial 999 - can you hear anything?

Is is on Server 2008 Std 32 bit. Yes voicemail works when you dial 999.

Thank-you

NWTech said:

Thank-you

After you enter the mail box there are few options. One of them is "press 9 for options". Do you hear menu description after pressing this button('9')? (it is like "press 3 to dial number, press 5 to change self identification message press 8 to change greeting promt" etc.)

Thanks

SY said:
NWTech said:

Thank-you

After you enter the mail box there are few options. One of them is "press 9 for options". Do you hear menu description after pressing this button('9')? (it is like "press 3 to dial number, press 5 to change self identification message press 8 to change greeting promt" etc.)

Thanks

When you dial the extension it is silent. If you select 9 nothing happens. In the logs I can see the call take place and a Call(98): device joined for the 700 ext and the ext starting the conference.

NWTech said:
SY said:
NWTech said:

Thank-you

Thanks

When you dial the extension it is silent. If you select 9 nothing happens. In the logs I can see the call take place and a Call(98): device joined for the 700 ext and the ext starting the conference.

You said that "Yes voicemail works when you dial 999".
I've asked you to confirm that it really works.

Thanks

That is my I said "Yes voicemail works when you dial 999" I called 999 and enterend my ext and it told me I had no messages. Is that clear enough?

NWTech said:
That is my I said "Yes voicemail works when you dial 999" I called 999 and enterend my ext and it told me I had no messages. Is that clear enough?

No - it's not.

You hear the voice saying "enter your identification code and press pound"

If you do hear the first prompt after you enter your PIN do you hear it say "you have no messages" - sounds like you do

BUT

when you press 9 do you hear the voice say "press 3 to call a number, to delete read messages press 4 ....."

That is what we need the answer to.

NWTech said:

Excuse me, I just asked you to press '9' after you reach the voicemail box.

Regards

Excuse me, since you thru the atitude. I am very fustrated with 7.0. And yes 999 works however after you listen to that and press for options it is silent.

im actualy having the same issue where when we dial into the conf number we get nothing.
I also see this in the logs
16:38:24.467 [CM505001]: Ext.700: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CX Conference Place] Transport: [sip:127.0.0.1:5060]

I move it to 2003 server and the problem went away. Everything works great in 2003.

In my opinion the best platform for 3cx is 2003 server (have not played with 2008 as yet)

H.

im on 2003 server,
999 all the propts work correctly
and yep 700 is the conference ext

The problem was when you dialed 700 you just heard silence, and then the call ended after 10-15 sec. The voicemail worked fine, but as it was pointed out to me if you dialed 9 at the end of the voicemail for options that was slient as well. One of the guys indicated that there was additional setup for 2008 however he never shared it on this forum. Before switching back to 2003 I went thru the manual and made sure I followed every documented step for 2008. I would be curious to know what version of 2008 you do have it working on? I had it running on 2008 Standard 32 bit without hyper-v using the IIS7. In your installation are you using IIS7 or the other web server 3cx provides?

Thank-you

NWTech said:
One of the guys indicated that there was additional setup for 2008 however he never shared it on this forum.
Thank-you

From page 16 of the 3CX manual under "System Requirements"

Windows 2008 users:
You will need to install additional components. Go to
1. Control Panel > Programs and Features
2. Turn Windows Features on or off > Features
3. Now Add features: Desktop Experience, Quality Windows Audio Video Experience
(Optional). This will install all the codecs required by 3CX for audio in Windows.
4. For the IE browser to work on the server, you must disable Internet Explorer
Security Enhancement. To do this:
a. Go to Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Server Manager
b. Ensure that the root node is selected
c. In the "Server Summary" section, in the "Security Information" sub-section, Click
on the "Configure IE ESC" link.
d. Set to "Off" for those types of users that will be administering the PBX.

desktop experience will solve your issue. You cannot play back the mp3 files (which some prompts are mp3) until you have the codecs that windows media player intalls.

worksighted said:
You cannot play back the mp3 files (which some prompts are mp3) until you have the codecs that windows media player intalls.
Hi, Mike

Yesterday I suggested the same issue - based on the fact that NWTech said when he press 9 on 999 it's silence, and some audio message fragments, including this one, are .mp3, and regarding myself always I had codec problems when (re)installing OS. But quite later I deleted my post, since NWTech said "The prompts are setup and I can play them from the management portal" - therefore, If prompts can be played from there, it means it has all required codecs. Weird, I'm very curious which will be, finally, the reason :roll:

Sure, but assuming he is accessing management portal form the server itself. If he is accessing from his PC, then the codecs are playing from his PC. I bet the managemetn portal is being accessed from another PC.

Lets see! 8)

Best,

Mike

Alright I figured it out.... The manual is missing a feature. On server 2008 you must install the "Desktop Experience" This is not installed by default. Without this feature Windows Media Player is not installed. Once I installed this feature everything started working for the Conference Prompts. Thank-you for all of your input. 3cx might make a addition to the manual to include adding the feature "Desktop Expereince" on Server 2008 installs.

Thank-you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.