Solved Conference Rooms

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AH2, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi there, Im having a problem doing conference calls using the 3cx app, for instance I go ahead and select crate new conference, set subject, then add the numbers I want to get joined, they are all external numbers ( 2 international 1 local ), the conference gets created fine, I get the waiting music, but the other 3 people invice fail, even if I try to re-dial and it fails again.

[​IMG]
    Any idea ?

Thanks,
    AH

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AH2

Please make sure you have an outbound rule that matches so that the PBX can call out to the participants. Do you get an error in the activity log of the PBX when this fails?

AH2 likes this.
  3. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hello,
    I do have 3 outgoing rules that add a prefix 9957 to the outgoing calls, normal calls being dialed out of the 3cx client work fine, even to the same numbers trying to add in the conference, I just tried it again, added the number with and without the prefixes still fails when joining to the call, only the conference creator stays connected. No logs on events.

[​IMG]
    The image represents every time I clicked redial to add the person to the conference but failed.

Thanks.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you please post a screenshot of the outbound rule the conference is supposed to match? Is the prefix the only requirement in the outbound rules?

AH2 likes this.
  5. AH2

AH2 New Member

Those are the rules I have, yes the prefix 99 it's the only rule for outgoing calls, the 57 its to include it for Colombian calls.
    They are for all outgoing calls, I don't see any place to create specific rules for conference rooms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The conference room is a system extension that does not belong to any group. So if you specify a group in your outbound parameters the call will fail as the originator of the call is a system extension. With that in mind try creating an outbound rule specifically for the conference extension or remove that group from the outbound parameters. Please see an example of an outbound rule below

2017-09-07_12h00_40.png

AH2 likes this.
  7. AH2

AH2 New Member

Thanks a lot, that fixes the problem. :)

Regards,
    AH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.