Conference Service

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by inet777, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inet777

Problem - The conference service starts normally.

[EC200006]: Conference server is connected: application:GOA:0/3CXConferenceRoom local:127.0.0.1:5482 remote:127.0.0.1:21120

But the "Conferencing" tab in Settings->Advanced tab is grayed out, not able to change conference extension.
    Also calls to conference extension get busy signal

[CM503016]: Call(69): Attempt to reach <sip:7000@192.168.2.1> failed. Reason: Not Found
    Any ideas why?

2. tenthbit

I'm experiencing the same issue. According to the software level comparison, the free version (temporarily being used for evaluation purposes) is supposed to support conferencing. However, the advanced settings don't allow for conferencing configurations and the "ConferencePlaceExtensions" are listed as unregistered.

If the features of the free version have changed, it would be nice to know. Otherwise, it would be helpful to understand why these extensions are not registering to allow conference calling.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Conference server is not available in free version but you can use "conference" and "transfer" buttons of your phone... If it doesn't work then... welcome to our forum :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tenthbit

So, to verify, after reading through the manual and using the softphone, I'm finding that the 3CXPhone does not have built-in conference capabilities - correct?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps you are confusing conferencing and conference rooms. The first involves bringing in a third party before (perhaps) transferring the call to them, the second is a "room" that a number of people can call into for a conference call.
    The Demo code (the one you received in the email from 3CX when you downloaded the PBX software) will allow you to test all of the features but only for two concurrent calls.

6. tenthbit

I apologize for any confusion. Matt did answer my question. The first was regarding the conference 'rooms' within the free PBX software which are not applicable until the system is purchased.

The second was to verify that the 3CX phone did not have a conference button. I am familiar with the difference between the 'rooms' and the old-school conferencing, but I do appreciate everyone's attention and support. Much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.