Solved Conference Transfer (Attended Transfer with warm greeting)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scottcalcp, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottcalcp

I am new to 3cx and testing out all of the features. Almost everything is very straight forward.
    We are however having some issues in making a conference transfer or warm attended transfer.
    I will go through how I need to use it since I can see in prior posts there is some confusion over this topic:

1) Someone calls me this is the "caller" . I answer, but I want to transfer to someone else.
    2) I call someone else this is the "receiver". I talk to them explaining the call they will recieve.
    3) I conference in the caller. The 3 of us all are all on the line talking. I introduce caller to receiver.
    4) I drop off the line. The caller and the receiver are still on the line talking.

Is this possible to do?
    I have tried the transfer option which is ok, but it doesn't allow all 3 of us to be on the same line all at once.
    I have also tried the conference option, but when I get to step 4, I drop off the line and the caller and receiver are disconnected.

Is there a way to do this?
    3CX v15.5.5
    Yealink T29G

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. scottcalcp

Yes, I did see that but unfortunately the "Attended Transfer" does not go through the process as I outlined it above.
    At no point in the "Attended Transfer" does it allow all 3 callers to be on the line at the same time.

If you follow the the attended transfer method. This will happen
    1) Caller calls me. I put them on hold.
    2) I hit new call. Dial the number and hit send. I call the intended receiver of the call. I can talk to them.
    3) Then I hit the tran key and the caller and the receiver can talk, but my line has hung up.

The difference here is that I need to talk to both the caller and receiver to introduce each other. This does not happen.
    After the 3 of us are on the line talking. I should be able to drop off the call and leave the other 2 connected.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What you re trying to do is akin to a 3-way call, in fact it would be one, until you hung up. The question of 3-way calls came up a long time ago in the forums, with the answer, at that time, being, it can't be done. I haven't really checked to see if that has changed as i don't use it. I suspect that it hasn't. In any case, it doesn't sound as if attended transfer is going to work the way you want it to, with all three parties on the line at the same time. You could submit a feature request, in the Ideas forum, and see how the response is.

5. scottcalcp

Thanks I will do a feature request.
    I will tell you a 3 way call is no problem with 3CX I can do that without issue.
    It's odd I have been able to do this with our old nortel phone system and with other phone systems. I also have been a party to a call where it's been done when I've been the caller. So I know it can be done, but maybe it's a super high end feature.
    In any case I appreciate you trying to help.

6. pmterp

us1 likes this.
  7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@scottcalcp

Yealink phones can handle a 3 way conference call which is handled by the phone holding the conference. But once you hang up the device that hosted the conference the call will drop for all participants.
    Other phones do this differently, Snom phones for example dial 700 once you hit the conference button so the PBX handles the call and once the device hangs up the other 2 participants can continue talking. The 3CX client can also handle this but i would recommend using the new web client and control the phone using that.

8. scottcalcp

@pmterp thanks for the help in figuring that out. I just tested enabling " Transfer on Conference Hang up" on one of the phones and it worked as expected. I can't believe I didn't see that feature. I've updated our templates and re-provisioned our phones and we're good to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.