• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Conference with external numbers - fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith3006

Reaction score
I'm running version 12 (I know). For the first time I'm trying to create a conference from my 3cx app on windows.
I do the following:
  1. Click Conferences
  2. Click "Create Conference"
  3. Click "Add Number"
  4. Enter a mobile number as I would if I were dialling an external number (e.g. 078123456789)
  5. Click "+"
  6. Click "Start Conference"
  7. My desk phone rings with "Conference" on the screen
  8. I answer the call
  9. My client shows that the call to my mobile phone failed

Where am I going wrong? Is there a permission I need to setup for this?

Thanks.

Hello @asmith3006,

Did you create an outbound rule that allows call to the numbers you add to the conference?
In other words can you make an external call from the client to the mobile phone?

Yes, if I use the phone in CTI or 3cxPhone mode and dial the number it rings my mobile correctly

Hello @asmith3006,

Could you please describe your outbound rule construction? Which fields did you occupy, so that the numbers you call match the rule?

Yes, that's it. My outbound rule requires you to be a member of a group called "External Allowed", this stops some extensions dialling externally using a group.

Is it possible to add the conference system into this group too?

Reactions: asmith3006
That's perfect, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.