ConferencePlaceExtension wait without host?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kraichle, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraichle

Is there a way to setup a conference call so people can call into the conf bridge and sit on hold till the host arrives? Don't know about everyone else, but most of the time the host isn't the first person to call in. Callers get rejected if the host hasn't set up the call yet. I'm thinking of a scenario where an employee schedules a conf call with a group of people for the next day say at 1:00pm. The next day the employee gets stuck at lunch and arrives back in the office at 1:02pm. One of the people joining the call is a little old lady, that calls in exactly at 1:00pm, maybe even earlier knowing how little old ladies are. She get's the "pin number isn't valid" speech and doesn't know what to do so hangs up.

Anyway to get around that?

2. kraichle

forgot to mention we're running v14

3. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I am still getting our system ready for prime time, and haven't even thought of conferencing. But, this would be great to have. I have used those free services to do this, like Magic Jack. For internal conferences, the PBX should be able to do this...

3CX...
    . I don't see how they could be parked to wait for the presenter to log in and pick up a group.
    . Is there a way for the presenter to set up the conference, ahead of time, and set up a start time?
    . Should this become a feature request?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In V15.5 SP2, the way scheduled conferences work, the Conference Invite goes out and the guests that are invited get the Conference ID to type in. Even if the host has not signed in yet, they should be able to connect at that point.

JCLloyd likes this.
  5. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Thank you, Nick! I just installed SP2, last week. I should be good to go.

Kraichle, I hope you can move up to v15.5-SP2...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kraichle

Yes, it would seem the updated conferencing is a good reason to now, ha ha, thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.