Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conferencing bug

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GeorgeXceed, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeXceed

Hi All,

We are having an intermittent issue with the conferencing facility on 3CX. Normally it works fine, people dial in internally or externally, type the conference ID and connect together in the same room as you would expect. However sometime, although they type the correct ID (and they do!), they are not connected to the same conferencing room, but it creates a new conferencing room with only them in it!

Yes I know it sounds like they are typing the wrong conference ID, but it happens around 1 in 4 conference calls (which for us is at least once a day). Different users, different conference numbers etc. There seems to be no pattern to it. We can have 10 or more people in a conference, and on one occasion, half where in one room and the other half in another, even though they all used the same ID!

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. aoife

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I have tried to recreate it but it's proving difficult. Did you find a resolution?

Thanks,

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I wonder if the DMTF tones are just being interpretted wrong... Can you still record tones and make it work? ie: On a phone that works, record the tones using a little handheld reocrder, then play it on another phone...
    Can you see the "lost souls" in the logs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GeorgeXceed

I have tried multiple phones and sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. Cant repeat it everytime, it seems random. Glad i'm not the only one with the problem, although it seems to be getting less frequent since we upgraded our internet line speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.