Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Conferencing... just talking out loud

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So - we have a conference room with a Polycom. Often the execs need to have a conference "ad-hoc" in there, but we do not have a computer in there full time, nobody remembers the PIN for that extension, and creating a conference from your own MyPhone and removing you is not possible. I can do a Scheduled Conference, but there is still a delay until the system calls you.

I need to be able to create an AdHoc conference for another extension from MyPhone -

Is this what this person is trying to do?
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=477

The call control API would be nice - except I think it only works on the Server as it accepts requests from 127.0.0.1 only. So maybe a WebApp could do the trick?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I might be missing something but they can call ext 7000 and that will create a conference. They can do that from the polycom.

Then others can dial in

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

If I simply go in there and dial 7000, it asks for conference id. I can enter anything and it will hang up as the conference does not exist.
    Maybe I am missing something.

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Yeah - something is not right there. What version are you on?

With ours we can dial 7000 enter 1 for conference ID and then we press * for new conference and then say the name and we are good to go. Then you can get people to dial in or even be transferred to that conference, press 1 for the id, say their name and they are in.

The original extension can also leave the conference and it will still go on until they all leave.

So something is awry on your system and it may just be an old version (though I have heard that some settings in the conference could get messed up when you backed up a v10 and went to v11 - though we did it with no problem)

5. craigreilly

Clean install on v11 with an upgrade to sp1.
    Maybe I have missed a setting somewhere.

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont have anything special with my conference settings under the Advanced settings.

The extension is the default 7000 for us as we use 4 digit 3cx. 6 conferences (up from the default of 4) no pin code. And that is it.

7. craigreilly

The "Enable Conference Pin Code" was checked on my system.
    I turned it off and now can create ad-hoc conferences.

I see now - to use the PIN to prevent just anyone from creating a conference, dial the conference id then * then PIN then #.

"Enter conference ID"
    4000*9595#

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.