Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Config file not generating for extensions (v15.5)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nyleaim, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyleaim

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Wondering if someone knows about this and can help.

    Our system is not generating config files for our extensions. I know in v15 the update made config files on the fly, but when I browse to the link the phones navigate to, no config file is made.

    What I came across was deleting and recreating the extension (losing voicemails etc) allows me to then browse to the config file link http://.xx.xx.xx.xx:5000/provisioning/******/{mac}.cfg and retrieve the config. Previously, the link will sit there and no file is prompted to me.

    Has anyone come across this before? Without deleting and recreating all of our extensions, we are not sure what to do. I have exported, deleted and imported an extension with no success. Was wondering if there is some config from a previous version that is stopping these extensions working in v15/15.5.

    Bit of background, we have come from v14 and had no noticeable problems. We have been using Yealink T32s and T19s, due to the new firmware some phones are not receiving calls correctly (phones not ringing etc).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
     
  2. eddv123

    eddv123 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2017
    Messages:
    1,427
    Likes Received:
    187
    Hi nyleaim,

    You may wish to have a look at this very recent link here, it is similar to your issues:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/phone-provisioning-issues.53317/#post-218940

    Since you are using the provisioning link: http://.xx.xx.xx.xx:5000/provisioning/ I am going to assume you are talking purely about local LAN PnP provisioning. But can you describe your network and server situation in more detail if there is anything outside of a standard setup, flat network and server exclusive to 3CX.

    As per the link you may also wish to export some logging from the Yealink during this process. It may give some clues as to where the issue lies:

    Under Settings > Configuration:
    1. Set the syslog level to 6 -> reboot phone
    2. Start to capture the Trace -> reproduce your issue -> stop capturing the Trace -> Export PCAP
    Trace
    3. Export config.bin
    4. Export level 6 syslog -> check the syslog level
     
  3. lneblett

    lneblett Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    Messages:
    2,086
    Likes Received:
    65
    I believe that what is meant by "on the fly" is that the config files are generated as one time use only and no copy is kept for security reasons. If you had config files prior to converting, then these remain on the system, but from what I can tell are no longer used. Assuming the phones were previously provisioned and have the correct or new provisioning address after updating to V15.5 (which you could copy and paste if not), then you should be able to simply go to the phone tab in 3CX and use the Reprovision button.

    I just tested this on a Fanvil X5. The phone was provisioned prior to 15.5 and a config file was still on the system. I updated a couple of BLF buttons in 3CX and reprovisioned. The old config file remained untouched but the phone picked up the new blf. I then deleted the old config file and made another change and reprovisioned and there was still no config file, but the phone did update with the new change.
     
    NickD_3CX likes this.
  4. nyleaim

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you both!

    Thanks for your suggestions, yes on the fly I meant it generates as they are requested.

    Managed to get around the issue and it was actually user error. We thought we had exported/removed/imported and it didn't work. Actually we only tried export/import, which failed.
    Deleting the extension and importing again worked and the extensions can now generate config files.

    The issue we had with this was some of the template names were not linking. I had to manually edit the template names in the CSV. Once imported everything looked fine (voicemails lost but oh well we have a backup!), but the links to inbound rules were lost.

    In this case, I had to export all DIDs and match up extensions with direct dials. Thankfully our extensions match the outside number, so wasn't too much trouble. Delete and import of the changes worked.

    Bit more trouble than I would have liked, but got there in the end. Thanks again for your suggestions!
     
  5. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    7,400
    Likes Received:
    535
    Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thank for updating the thread with your solution.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.