config server is not connected

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OlabodeAgboola, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlabodeAgboola

Hello All,

can somebody help me. I got this error message below when I was attempting to launch the management console of the 3CX Phone system;

* Config server not connected.

I ignore the error and logged in and got a 'server Error in '/management' Application with this details below;

TXC Configuration Exception PhoneSystemException. Config server not connected.

Please advise me of what to do. the 3CX server is running on Windows -7 Home Premium, 32 bit. Also running on it is Microsoft.NET Framework Version 4.0

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Olabode

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Which version of 3CX are you running?

Was this a working system? Did it just stop? Are the phones working?

Have you re-booted the PC?

Have you un-installed/re-installed 3CX, then applied a backup?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

IN addition to Leejor

Go into control panel, administrative tasks and then services. You will see the 3CX services and their status. Start with the database and do a start if it does not already show running and then you can proceed to the configuration, phone system, etc. I think the order of the first three should be as I indicated. The others can start up as you elect.

A restart should also do the same but automatically. The normal reason for this is someone restarted the system and simply did not wait long enough. The second reason is likely due to one of the dependent services not running. A restart will normally do the trick, but I have seen where the database got corrupted (postgres errors) and a reload of the software and then a restore of the backup is needed. In fact, I just had that happen not more than 30 minutes ago with one of my clients.

4. OlabodeAgboola

Hello,

thanks for the tips.

I am runing 3.CX version 10.0. I started the 3cx phonesystem Databse Server from the services in the administrative console and I got this error message "The 3CX Phonesystem Database Server on local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs. I attempted to start some other 3CX services I got the same error messages.

What advise would you give at this point. I

5. bardissi

bardissi Member

IF there were me at this point (having a backup) I would uninstall and reinstall 3CX and then import backup.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

as suggested and as bardissi indicated, an uninstall, reload and restore seems to be in order.

7. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Else, we dig into the Postgres logs to find out what the deal is.. has happened to me before.. but don't recall why or what I did. I schedule a task for nightly PBX backup.. don't need the whole system backup really. It then copies the backup to another server or FTPs offsite.

8. badsushi

I've had this happen to me a few times, Of course as suggested restoring from a backup is going to work, One time i used a fairly recent windows restore point and that took care of it too.

9. OlabodeAgboola

Thanks All, I will do a reinstall and restore from backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.