Config server is not connected..

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dgruehn, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgruehn

Running v7 on XP SP2 and was was working fine until i rebooted the server. Then got that error message and message below. I have restarted IIS but this has not solved the problem.. I cannot log into v7 w/o getting the following:

Config server is not connected
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: TCX.Configuration.Exceptions.PhoneSystemException: Config server is not connected

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PhoneSystemException: Config server is not connected]
    TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.Connect() +1037
    TCX.Configuration.PhoneSystem.get_Root() +324
    WebGuiInterface.LoginForm.setLoginForm() +127
    WebGuiInterface.LoginForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +18
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() +197
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean blnIgnoreVisible) +418
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Control.CreateControl() +32
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.set_Visible(Boolean value) +200
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +893

[HttpException (0x80004005): Config server is not connected]
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +5011
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +406
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; WebGui Version:2.0.50727.3082

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Have you checked that all the 3CX services are started?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dgruehn

This message was preventing me from accessing the 3CX management console. I went in and manually started the 3CX services and this DID fix the problem. thanks for the help..

4. grandpastan

I have a problem very similar to this. Only I haven't even been able to get mine up and running. This error is where it stops, along with Error 1068 the dependent group or service failed to start. I have tried to start the services manually, but no dice. I am on Win XP pro sp3

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Did the configuration Wizard automatically start at the end of the installation?

You need to complete the wizard to allow it to perform the initial configuration and initialisation of the databases otherwise you will get problems starting the services.

What do the windows logs tell you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. grandpastan

There was a bit of a wizard, but I don't think I got the whole thing, as I wasn't asked to set up any username or password etc. Really no config. Here is what the log says;

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: postmaster cannot access the server configuration file "C:/Program Files/3CX PhoneSystem/Data/DB/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory
    WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET_2.0.50727 performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfRawData_ASPNET_2050727_ASPNETAppsv2050727 for Performance Library ASP.NET_2.0.50727 because error 0x80041001 was returned

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

7. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Try completely uninstalling 3CX and then deleting the 3CX folder from Program files.

Add the ASPNET user to the power users group of the XP workstation.

Then reinstall 3CX - once the install has finished you should get the wizard, just enter the details and let it finish.

PS - you have read the manual and installed IIS and .Net 2.0 first right?

8. grandpastan

As instructed, I uninstalled 3CX Phone system and deleted its file. I do have IIS and .Net 2.0 installed and updated, but on restart,and install,still no wizard, although I do get the login for the prog after reboot. I am installing from an Admin profile. Still get the Data server not started message. It was set at manual start in services, so I changed it to Automatic. No difference.

9. gertdejong

I've exact the same problem. Database server service isn't started and cannot started manually. Using winXP Pro SP3. It worked fine until some weeks ago... Several times re-installed but it didn't make any change. Could someone think about it and help me and the others?

Excuse me for my bad English, I'm from The Netherlands ;)

10. Discovery Technology

Interesting (and frustrating) problem!

This one had me going for a while too...

The environment was a relatively clean XP Pro SP3 workstation, .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0 SP2, .Net 3.0 SP2, .Net 3.5 SP1, IE8 and Firefox 3.5, also running IIS locally.

Checked all the other settings - .Net 2.0 was enabled in IIS, the ASPNET user was a member of administrators, kept exiting the setup wizard with "Database Server not started" and the PostgreSQL error in the application log.

Tried waiting a while just in case it was a timing thing - no luck, same error.

The last thing I tried (which actually worked) was to remove the ASPNET user from the local administrators group (along with authenticated users) and manually added the ASPNET user to the power users group - re-ran the setup wizard manually from the BIN directory and it worked!

I suspect that it may have been the authenticated users being a member of the administrators group, or the ASPNET user being a member of the administrators group (related to the details of the error in the application log)

This occurred with V7.1.7139 for your ref...

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.