• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configuration challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenfront93

Reaction score
Hello, I'm configuring my first installation of 3CX. The basic installation went OK, but I'm confronted with the following challenges and I can't see the

1) 3CX is on the DMZ and Microsoft Dynamics on the LAN, so I need to know what ports need to be open between the two. The document that tells which ports are in use assumes LAN/WANconnection to 3CX only.
2) I nearly got my Cisco 7490 IP phones working, but then I couldn't see how 3CX and the phones work together, with the TFTP folder and everything. I'm knowledge deficient wrt SIP functionality, but my Asterisk box only needs a single file for the Cisco in its TFTP folder, but the 3CX document suggests two files, unless I'm reading it wrong.
3) Finally, I don't understand how the Dynamics plug-in works. If I'm using physical SIP phones what's the purpose of 3CX MyPhone, and how does it impact Dynamics and how does it work with SIP phones?

My ISP Entacall uses 5060 TCP and UDP, and also 10000-20000 TCP/UDP. The 5060 bit I understand, but how does 3CX use 5090 and how do you recommend that this and the 10000 ports are translated at the firewall (SonicWALL TZ100W). I see from the list of ISPs that Entacall is there and works with the template.

Any help with these issues much appreciated.

Dermot

Evenfront93 said:
The 5060 bit I understand, but how does 3CX use 5090

Can't help you with the other bits, but this I can. Port 5090 is used only when you employ the 3CX tunnel option. It is only required to be forwarded if you have a remote 3CX softphone or the 3CX Proxy manager, or a Bridge trunk to another 3CX install making use of the tunnel. The tunnel allows all communication to take place over a single port.

leejor, thanks for this, it's puts one of my issues out of the way.

Thanks again

Evenfront93 said:
If I'm using physical SIP phones what's the purpose of 3CX MyPhone, and how does it impact Dynamics and how does it work with SIP phones?

It's an optional "add-on", that you would run on a PC adjacent to your SIP phone, that gives you access to additional tools and features.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/myphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.