Configuration for 3cx on windows for local testing purpose

Discussion in 'Windows' started by op@letdata.dk, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. op@letdata.dk

Hi,

Omkar Here. I have installed 3cx pbx phone system on win server 2012 R2, activated it and able to access its web interface. Also I have installed the 3cx phone on a client machine and the server also. I have few queries regarding the whole setup which r listed below:
    1. After installing 3cx phone on the machine, it is showing some message "3cx phone for 3cx phone system 12 has been installed. No phone system configuration detected. Double click on the attachment in your extension welcome mail or drag and drop the configuration to 3cx phone. 3cx phone requires 3cx phone system version 12." I have not received any attachment in any welcome mail. Infact I just got a mail from sales team. Please help me in what is this message all about and what i need to do further?

2. I want to run this system locally for testing purpose and for this what will be the configuration in server and client?

3. Is this 3cx phone system having creating multiple organisation feautre? I saw this feature in Elastix PBX server.

4. Is there any Instant messaging feature in it for chat?

Kindly help me out in this regard. Thank you in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Configuration for 3cx on windows for local testing purpo

When the extension number, that is to be assigned to the 3CX phone install, has been created in the PBX, and all of the information is correct, such as the email address, a configuration file will be sent to that address,

That file is used to auto-configure the 3CX Phone. If you don't receive the file, you can configure it manually.

I'm not certain what you mean by this. You install the PBX, you add a couple of extensions, and perhaps a trunk for outside calls, and test. You might want to go over the manual for whichever version you are using, downloadable from the 3CX site. http://www.3cx.com/support/

You need to explain a bit more as to what this is. Do you mean, does one installation,of 3CX, support multiple businesses?

Not that I'm aware of.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Re: Configuration for 3cx on windows for local testing purpo

Might be in for a long ride on this one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.