configuration on my voip provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aleskuhar, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aleskuhar

hello
    I have my voip provider in Slovenia, and I don't konw how to configure my network to york with 3cx with softphone for example, or with my mobile phone connected via sip protocol.
    I need help, how can I configure 3cx and the client:
    I'am writing example of my sip settings:
    my static ip for sip trunk is: 10.142.x.x
    subnet mask: 255.252.x.x
    sbc ip: 84.255.xxx.xxx
    dgateway: 10.140.xxx.xxx
    then, I have prefix for outbound calls 101xxx
    how can I configure 3cx system and then client, for example softphone
    I difficault work on 3cx console, because I'am totally blind, and ussing braille display.
    Please help

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That really isn't very much information at all.

You will probably need to take steps one at a time. Get the softphone working locally with 3CX, then get a trunk registering to a VoIP provider.

is this your routers public IP?
    public subnet mask?
    your VoIP providers IP?
    You ISP gateway?

Other than the VoIP provider IP, which will be put into the trunk settings when you build it in 3CX, you don't need to use the others. Your router (or PC) picks those up from your ISP using DHCP, or it was put into your router when it was first set up.

You shouldn't have to change anything on your network, other than forwarding the required ports to the IP of 3CX. As long as the PC you are running the softphone on is getting an IP from your router and you can "surf the net" with no problem, you should be good to go. You just have to "point" the softphone to the LAN IP of the PC running 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.