Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configuration problems after upgrading v10 to v11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Belitas, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belitas

Hi, I'll try to keep it short. A customer wanted a 2 digit pbx, but after a few years the company growed and the 2 digit numbers flew out the door.

In V10 I took advantage of a bug ... if you had configured a 2 digit configuration on the pbx, you could use 3 digits in the ring groups (and it worked). So I was able to create more digits then a normal 2 digit pbx (which was very usefull !)

Now our customer could upgrade for free to v11 and so he did. But recently I had to make some changes to a ring group and I am unable to edit the existing ring groups with 3 digits. it keeps telling me "The extension number length is 2"

So then I liberated a 2 digit extension to be able to create the new ring group, but then I get the message that "a new extension could not be created because there are no more availble extensions"

If I make a regular extension (normal phone) I am able to create this new user. But not a ring group / queue or digital receptionist with the free 2 digit extension.

Is there some kind of workaround for this ? Other then reconfiguring the whole PBX with 3 digits ?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    I'm afraid there's no workaround on this, as per the admin manual (http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/), one of the steps in the installer which is also true with previous versions says "Choose the number of digits that extension numbers should have. This cannot be altered later. "
    I'm afraid you will therefore have to reconfigure your PBX from scratch on a fresh install with a bigger dial plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.