Configuration problems after upgrading v10 to v11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Belitas, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belitas

Hi, I'll try to keep it short. A customer wanted a 2 digit pbx, but after a few years the company growed and the 2 digit numbers flew out the door.

In V10 I took advantage of a bug ... if you had configured a 2 digit configuration on the pbx, you could use 3 digits in the ring groups (and it worked). So I was able to create more digits then a normal 2 digit pbx (which was very usefull !)

Now our customer could upgrade for free to v11 and so he did. But recently I had to make some changes to a ring group and I am unable to edit the existing ring groups with 3 digits. it keeps telling me "The extension number length is 2"

So then I liberated a 2 digit extension to be able to create the new ring group, but then I get the message that "a new extension could not be created because there are no more availble extensions"

If I make a regular extension (normal phone) I am able to create this new user. But not a ring group / queue or digital receptionist with the free 2 digit extension.

Is there some kind of workaround for this ? Other then reconfiguring the whole PBX with 3 digits ?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    I'm afraid there's no workaround on this, as per the admin manual (http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/), one of the steps in the installer which is also true with previous versions says "Choose the number of digits that extension numbers should have. This cannot be altered later. "
    I'm afraid you will therefore have to reconfigure your PBX from scratch on a fresh install with a bigger dial plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.