• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

configuration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioulios

Reaction score
Hello to all

i am trying to setup my free edition if 3CX but i am facing some problems.
when i try to see my line status the page starts to download the info but it never stops.the progress bar stays unfilled.

In adition even though i have two atas on my LAN i cannnot make them register.i have also opened the requested ports but still no luck.please any suggestion is very much appreciated

[/img]

The page continuously loads (i think there is a more technical name for this), so that it can keep updating the line status.

So the real problem is that your ata's won't register. What devices are you using?

hello again

i do not know the type of ATA as it is a ready for production ATA that is not yet in the market.

Please can someone explain to me the procedure followed in order to add an extension?

I do the following

I enter the webpage of the ATA where i enter the information provided by the provider (registration id, password etc)

then i go to the 3CX free program where at the link "add extension" i insert the username and password thet i have given to the ATA device.
When i go to the "line status" it shows the ATA but it is not registered.

The only thing that happens is that i register the ATA to the provider in order to make calls through internet but cannot register to the 3CX software.

is there any mistake to the above procedure?

please provide me with any info you can.

Thank you in advance for your help

Ok, first things first.

The ATA is a gateway, not an extension.

So you have to configure the ata as a gateway or also known as line.

In the authentication section you enter the authentication details of the ata if that is done correct you should be able to register the ata.

i think i understand what you are saying. i also use as extension a Voip phone with name VPE 200 and i also face the same problems.

About the ATA.i was thinking that i could register it as an extension first and afterwards i could add line?
am i wrong?
thanks for all your help

sorry i forgot
isaw in the forum that someone was saying that in the ATA the gateway IP should be the IP of the PC that i have installed 3cx.what is your opinion?

Up to now as gateway IP to both ATA and Voip phone i am using the IP of the router.
Please give me your thoughts

To configure an ATA the main steps to take are:

1. Create an extension (this is required to have the line connected to) makes it easier to do that first so you do not have to cancel out the line config.

2. Create line
2.1 Add VOIP (this allows you to create a Provider, this is your VoIP provider or if you have an ata that is for the PSTN lines you can create that gateway here. For PSTN the IP will be the IP of your ATA gateway that deals with the PSTN, for VoIP the IP will be your SIP server of your voice provider. (something like sip.yourisp.com)
2.2 create a line, this automatically prompted for by the system. External number is something for you to remember so make it something you can remember and creates a unique number you can identify that line with.
Internal number is automatically created, leave it at that it is ok.
Outbounc caller id is the id forwarde to the outside world.
authenticaion, ID is the line id by default this is what you use for your configuration for your PSTN gateway, same applies for the password. If you configure a voip than enter here what the ISP gave you.

3. bind the line to the extension you created earlier

And whala your done.

OK the thingy with the ATA gateway IP. That is mostlikly me making a typo (Guys i am only partly human so I do make mistakes).

The Gateway is commonly used to find the route to the internet.
The proxy is commonly used to find the route to the SIP server either the 3cx server or the VSP server.

For PSTN configuration use the 3cx server as proxy
For VOIP configuration use the sip.yourisp.com as a proxy

I think that covers it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.