Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configure 3cx Log Viewer - Command Line - Please Help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VGraham, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VGraham

Hello all, I am writing a C++ command line program to phrase the log files. For testing I just ran the visual .exe, but I need to do this as part of a scheduled task. this is where I have ran into the problem, when I call 3cxLogViewer.exe command line, I get a error telling me that I need a bldef and blrec files, but I can not find any documentation of what these files need to contain or the format. The closest thing that I can find is http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-log-viewer/ and it just said that they are needed.

So my question is, what do these file need to contain and is there any reference saying what the format/options are?
    Any help would be great!

P.S.
    I looked at the manual and it was not help.

Thanks.

2. VGraham

After digging for a while I found the location, the default is (at lest on win 7, i think as far back as 08 server I think) is "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs" Both files are there named
    3CXPhoneSystem.bldef
    and
    3CXPhoneSystem-`time coded date`.blrec

Command Line call as shown in http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-log-viewer/ in the 'Other Features' --> 'Command Line'
    /* Path to your install path. */ Path\to\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\Support\3CXBinLogViewer\3cxBinLogViewer.exe
    /* This is the default path. */ C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXPhoneSystem.bldef /* This defines what will be in the log. */
    /* This is what ever path you wish. */ Path\to\3cxlogs\log.txt

So a real call would be /* On my system */
    c:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\Support\3CXBinLogViewer\3cxBinLogViewer.exe c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXPhoneSystem.bldef c:\3cxlogs\LogFile.txt

This will put the last settings used in the 3cxBinLogViewer.exe in the output file. I have not figured out how to configure this independent of what you viewed last, if I do I'll post it then.

I hope this save someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.