• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configure 3cx Log Viewer - Command Line - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGraham

Reaction score
Hello all, I am writing a C++ command line program to phrase the log files. For testing I just ran the visual .exe, but I need to do this as part of a scheduled task. this is where I have ran into the problem, when I call 3cxLogViewer.exe command line, I get a error telling me that I need a bldef and blrec files, but I can not find any documentation of what these files need to contain or the format. The closest thing that I can find is http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-log-viewer/ and it just said that they are needed.

So my question is, what do these file need to contain and is there any reference saying what the format/options are?
Any help would be great!

P.S.
I looked at the manual and it was not help.

Thanks.

After digging for a while I found the location, the default is (at lest on win 7, i think as far back as 08 server I think) is "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs" Both files are there named
3CXPhoneSystem.bldef
and
3CXPhoneSystem-`time coded date`.blrec

Command Line call as shown in http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-log-viewer/ in the 'Other Features' --> 'Command Line'
/* Path to your install path. */ Path\to\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\Support\3CXBinLogViewer\3cxBinLogViewer.exe
/* This is the default path. */ C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXPhoneSystem.bldef /* This defines what will be in the log. */
/* This is what ever path you wish. */ Path\to\3cxlogs\log.txt

So a real call would be /* On my system */
c:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\Support\3CXBinLogViewer\3cxBinLogViewer.exe c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXPhoneSystem.bldef c:\3cxlogs\LogFile.txt

This will put the last settings used in the 3cxBinLogViewer.exe in the output file. I have not figured out how to configure this independent of what you viewed last, if I do I'll post it then.

I hope this save someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.