Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configure 3CX to issue busy (486) signal instead of 603

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BigB, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigB

I think 3CX is rejecting calls, with the 603 error message, when the maximum number of concurrent calls is reached. This causes my VOIP provider to play a message that leads the caller ringing my PBX to think the telephones are not working. After speaking to "sipgate.co.uk" I think the solution may be to configure 3CX to provide a busy (486) signal in these circumstances. If I am correct, can anyone let me know how to do this. If not, does anyone have any suggestions how I can ensure my incoming callers get and "engaged" tone when 3cx cannot accept any more calls.

I have included logs, showing times when problem occurred. I hope this is helpful.

20:15:36.784 [CM503019]: Call(89): Rejected! Line is 'Busy' because number of simultaneous calls per line xxxxxxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@Sipgate) is limited by Administrator

I am using version 10 of 3CX, on Vista 32.

Many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.