Configure 3CX to use Public address in the SIP header

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by teddylai, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddylai

Everything is working fine after I installed the 3CX server. However after several days of working, we have problem that intermittently we are not able to make outgoing call. I only have problem with mynetfone SIP trunck. Mynetphone SIP trunck authenticate by the public IP address. No registration is required. However, I can make outgoing call with other VOIP provider which requires registration.

I then turn off SIP ALG in our router (NETGEAR DGN2000) as I read some article that this may cause problem. I cannot make any outgoing call from Mynetfone after turnning it off. The INVITE request is rejected by Mynetfone as the INVITE message is using our internal IP address.

I suspect the ALG is not working correctly in the Router and that is why it is failing intermittent. I would like to turn it off.

Is there any way I can configure the 3CX to use the public address in the SIP header? If so, it may solve my problem.

Thanks
    Teddy

2. pcunite

Verify how long your router/firewall keeps UDP ports open and set a keep alive interval to a value less than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.