• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Configure a secure tunnle to 3cx server

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to know if there is a built in option to configure a secure tunnle to the 3cx server in the office when using the soft phone client when I'm out of the office using the public internet?

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the replay.
I don't believe it is a secure tunnle as I have to open port 5090 on the FW of the corp inbound.
I would like to make a secure tunnle like encrypted tunnle or something similar.

Thanks

Hi Steveh,

you can use Ipsec or SSL connexion between 2 offices (yours and a client for example) with firewall. But it will be hard, all clients haven't firewall with security like this ! So you can use a softphone who include TLS support. There is one on the market who include TLS security : " Minisip "

you can download here :

http: //www.minisip.org/download.html

Inter-Rupteur

Hi,

How safe is it to open port 5090 for the softphone client?
Is it standard? does it compromis my internal network?

Thanks

steveh said:
How safe is it to open port 5090 for the softphone client?
Is it standard? does it compromis my internal network?

Thanks
Tough question :mrgreen:

Steve, it's a tough question because everytime I'm using ANY network-related software I'm thinking "how safe is to let it access or be accessed" on internet. I cannot answer, and I don't want to tell you "is 73% safe". The only thing I can tell you is that the 5090 port is not mandatory to be 5090. As any server, you may set it to listen to any TCP port you want available on your computer, the only requirement is that the phone's tunnel should also know this port to be able to connect to it.

Regards
vali

Thanks guys for the information.
I'm evaluating 3cx server at work and it looks great.
I don't know yet if I will get a 3cx partner to do the production setup or should I do it by myself to save some money.
It seems that all is working now, although I do see lots of users in the forum having small issues, after all I don't fill like spanding most of my time as an IT Manager trying to solve phone issues when a partner who is experienced enough with the product can do in no time.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.