Configure a secure tunnle to 3cx server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by steveh, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveh

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a built in option to configure a secure tunnle to the 3cx server in the office when using the soft phone client when I'm out of the office using the public internet?

Thanks

2. DXS_Matt

3. steveh

Hi,
    Thanks for the replay.
    I don't believe it is a secure tunnle as I have to open port 5090 on the FW of the corp inbound.
    I would like to make a secure tunnle like encrypted tunnle or something similar.

Thanks

4. inter-rupteur

Hi Steveh,

you can use Ipsec or SSL connexion between 2 offices (yours and a client for example) with firewall. But it will be hard, all clients haven't firewall with security like this ! So you can use a softphone who include TLS support. There is one on the market who include TLS security : " Minisip "

you can download here :

http: //www.minisip.org/download.html

Inter-Rupteur

5. steveh

Hi,

How safe is it to open port 5090 for the softphone client?
    Is it standard? does it compromis my internal network?

Thanks

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Tough question :mrgreen:

Steve, it's a tough question because everytime I'm using ANY network-related software I'm thinking "how safe is to let it access or be accessed" on internet. I cannot answer, and I don't want to tell you "is 73% safe". The only thing I can tell you is that the 5090 port is not mandatory to be 5090. As any server, you may set it to listen to any TCP port you want available on your computer, the only requirement is that the phone's tunnel should also know this port to be able to connect to it.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. steveh

Thanks guys for the information.
    I'm evaluating 3cx server at work and it looks great.
    I don't know yet if I will get a 3cx partner to do the production setup or should I do it by myself to save some money.
    It seems that all is working now, although I do see lots of users in the forum having small issues, after all I don't fill like spanding most of my time as an IT Manager trying to solve phone issues when a partner who is experienced enough with the product can do in no time.

Thanks all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.