Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configure BLF to transfer call to other extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ap0, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap0

ap0

Hello,

is there a possibility to confiure a BLF key to transfer a call directly to another extension?
    I know I can do this through the Windows client but what if I am in a situation where the client is not running or active.

We are using Snom D765 phones. The telephone itself offers a option for that but this konfiguration will probably be gone when the phone is reprovisioned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ap0,

Please clarify. Do you mean attended transfer, blind transfer or forward the call without answering?

3. ap0

ap0

Sorry for the late reply.

I mean to forward a call without answering.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Panayiotis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ap0,

We replicated your issue and found that with a Snom D745 the configured BLF will blind transfer the call to another extension. You can configure one of the BLF's from the management console and try it. Please note that this feature is phone specific, so it might not work on some phone models. Alternatively you can use the forwarding rules of the PBX.

5. ap0

ap0

@panayiotis_3CX

Sorry, I missinformed you. I was confused by the terms blind transfer, forward, etc.

What I want is: while having an active call I want to transfer the caller by pressing a button on the Snom D765 without speaking with the target extension first.

6. Panayiotis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @ap0

What you're describing is a blind transfer. This can be done by pressing the transfer button, and then the pre-configured BLF.

7. ap0

ap0

If I understand you correctly I would have to use the Windows Client for this. There is no possibility to do this solely with the Snom D765?

Edit: I have found the transfer key on the Snom phone.

Yet my question remains: there is no shortcut key I can configure using the 3CX webinterface?

8. Panayiotis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @ap0,

I was referring to the Snom D765. When you are on the phone with a caller, the option "Xfer" will appear on your phone screen. If you want to transfer the call, you will press the button under "Xfer" and then the BLF that the destination extension is assigned. If a BLF is not configured, you will press "Xfer" and then the extension number.

Edit: There is no way you can do this with only one button. You will have to press the transfer button first and then the extension BLF or number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.