Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Configure the Hot Key Globally

Discussion in 'Windows' started by seanf, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanf

Is there anyway to globally configure the hot key for the 3CX Phone windows client?

Attached Files:

2. wyztech

I just opened a similar thread about adding provisioning template functionality for this, but in the meantime, here's what I'm doing...

1. Install on a system that's never been configured for an account (or alternatively, close 3CXWin8Phone.exe and delete the 3CXConfig.xml from %programdata%\3CXPhone for Windows)

2. Open 3CX Phone and configure it to your liking with hotkeys, external applications, etc.
    3. Using Group Policy (or scripts, or whatever), copy the newly created config to %appdata%\3CX Phone for Windows\3CXPhone.xml (This will have to be done for each user profile. If you're provisioning new machines, just add it to the "all users" profile and every new user will get it. If they're current users, then you will need to copy it to their user profile) Make sure 3CXWin8Phone.exe is not running. If it is, when you close it, it will move the file you just coped to a .back file and write it's currently running configuration. (Took me a while to figure that one out)
    4. Add accounts either manually or through the .3CXConfig file that gets sent in the welcome email.

Obviously this isn't ideal and may not suit your environment, but I'm on a new deployment so this works for me--for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.